Transfer Strategy

Is there any chance to get Kane?? I'm really exhausted by the way the boards have been working this summer.

It is what it is blues.

Now the dust settled it’s a big gamble paying so much money for a 36 year old. Let Utd waste their cash on wages.

we have Grealish which is a great signing & pep is still here.

still good times blues
Of course. And Torres could grow into a decent striker. If Jesus plays like he did last week, I’d bloody score 40 goals for City this season!

Well for one pep isn’t going to come out in the media and say “I’m not happy with the players we have. Our strikers are terrible.”
I mean come on what do you expect him to say
No. But he could come out and say the club's transfer strategy for the summer was short-sighted.

The club knew Mendy could have some serious legal trouble coming his way. The club knew Sergio wasn't coming back, leaving us without a recognized striker. The club knows Fernandinho isn't getting any younger.

If anyone is in a position to speak truth to power it is Pep Guardiola. He is the best manager in the world. What is going to happen? No way in hell they would fire him. Can you imagine the shit storm that would cause? I'm not even sure Sheikh Mansour would allow it.

If Pep and Cheeky are such good mates, Pep should be able to go to him and say, "You really fucked me. I feel let down." And Txikik should actually listen to his manager, his friend, and be like, "Yeah. I'm sorry."

I know nothing about dealing with clubs or agents but this transfer window has taught me that we seem to be out of our depth trying to buy the finished article.
Astute purchases that can be developed into world class players and we shine (eg Dias).
Ready made positional players are either made too expensive for us or we simply are gessumped by our own tactical approach.
Agents will continue to use us as a comparison bid to beat either to stay at their club or to get into a price war.
Our enemies take it in turns to make purchases difficult for us and we are defeated by our own policies.
We should stick to an improvement of good undervalued players but maybe we have shown our hand maybe the City price will rise whoever our target.

This has been a disastrous window.

Not getting a forward is unforgivable. I can’t believe we were stupid enough to leave it as late as we did before calling it a day. We all saw this coming weeks ago and taking the word of Kane and his brother that he could leave for £100m is amateur hour.

Grealish although a great signing is let’s be honest a luxury signing and shouldn’t have been the first deal over the line

Anyway rant over.

Also why cant we make use of our supposedly amazing scouting network? Or is that just for players we buy for couple of mil and then sell for profit later.
You mean like when we scouted Ederson, Dias, Torres, Jesus when they weren’t really on anyone else’s radars?

This has been a disastrous window.

Not getting a forward is unforgivable. I can’t believe we were stupid enough to leave it as late as we did before calling it a day. We all saw this coming weeks ago and taking the word of Kane and his brother that he could leave for £100m is amateur hour.

Grealish although a great signing is let’s be honest a luxury signing and shouldn’t have been the first deal over the line

Anyway rant over.
Disastrous would have been if we’d lost Laporte Bernardo and Jesus to fund the Kane deal that never happened.

As it stands all three are still here, all three looked well up for being at City last week, none of them have had any bids.

Okay we didn’t get Kane, but these things happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.