Traveling to away games in the 1970s

I went to quite a few away games in the 70s & some you could not see any City fans West Ham & Sunderland Spring to mind we always took loads to Ipswich & Norwich

Mr Blue Sky said:
bluemoon32 said:
The old football special trains were brilliant, i travelled all over for nowt as they wouldn't come round to check the tickets.

So you were the one who knicked all the light bulbs out of the carriages, fuckin scary coming home from winter away games on train with no lights and smashed windows.

Oh happy days

There was always some muppet who thought it funny to pull the emergency stop chain & it would take bloody ages to get home. I remember some plank pulling it on the way to a game & we missed most of the first half.

I travelled to loads of City away matches in the 1970s. The worst that happened to me was having my City bobble hat pinched off the top of my head by a young Liverpool fan as I walked back to the car from Anfield with my dad.

Even in the 70s it was fairly easy to avoid getting involved with trouble though I never enjoyed being kept waiting behind closed gates after the match at Elland Rd while Leeds fans lobbed bricks over the wall at us.

urmston said:
I travelled to loads of City away matches in the 1970s. The worst that happened to me was having my City bobble hat pinched off the top of my head by a young Liverpool fan as I walked back to the car from Anfield with my dad.

Even in the 70s it was fairly easy to avoid getting involved with trouble though I never enjoyed being kept waiting behind closed gates after the match at Elland Rd while Leeds fans lobbed bricks over the wall at us.

Kin hated that at leeds [hope they never see the prem again]

most games were dodgy. leeds. liverpool, everton, london clubs ect spring to mind. when i go to aways now ie. west ham, chelsea, and drink in pubs nearby. well them days no chance! . pay on the gate them days. remember many times when we never took many because what was waiting to greet us!.... how things have changed.
The train to the likes of the above teams lucky to have 20 city fans on them. most went on buses as it was best in numbers.
night games in london, up north, merseyside, leeds ect were fuckin deadly.
your always on your guard at these grounds . and the places you least expect. one that springs to mind OPR turned out to be one that resulted in a city lad nearly lost his life.( i was there).
so the 1970s were different to now
so maybe we should thank the hoolies for that. lol

cyberblue said:
I went to quite a few away games in the 70s & some you could not see any City fans West Ham & Sunderland Spring to mind we always took loads to Ipswich & Norwich

Ipswich Norwich has a weird population 3 girls to each lad most of their crews were girls you could get a shag at half time
that's why so many went we used to come home on Sunday great night out still is

oh god wot days they were used to meet up in the golden city arcade then up the ramp to dilly of to ware ever got razered at west spam got hot oxo tipped on at sheff utd broken nose at anfield chiped teeth at everton bulldog u got a lot to answer for but would do it all again !!!!!!!!!!!

Must be somet wrong with me then but that another story ,loved going to Norwich & Ipswich they were about the only 2 places you new you would not get a good kicking

spanishblue said:
cyberblue said:

Ipswich Norwich has a weird population 3 girls to each lad most of their crews were girls you could get a shag at half time
that's why so many went we used to come home on Sunday great night out still is

No, your memory's playing tricks on you after all these years. All their fans are sheep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.