Trouble at the derby in Block 131

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by moomey, 7 Dec 2019.

1. M18CTID

M18CTID

I’ve known @dennishasdoneit for over 20 years and believe you me, you won’t meet many sounder blokes. I know his post doesn’t come off as being particularly palatable but I can assure you he most certainly isn’t advocating indiscriminate violence against innocent bystanders.

2. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Somebody posted after the Tottenham game that VAR would lead to an increase in violence at matches. I think a combination of the late kick off and the frustrating use of VAR increased the risk of violence. It shouldn't happen but passions are always raised on Derby Day and Mike Riley and his cabal of referees have provided another fuse.

3. Mike N

Mike N

I think there's something in that. I was gutted on Saturday but I've never felt more angry than after the two incidents against Spurs. I thought my head was going to burst at the end of the game this season!

4. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Honestly, I think football now is very sanitised compared to what it was inthe sixties and seventies. There was an evil atmosphere in the ground on Saturday, but it's become incredibly rare. Football is not just about what goes on the pitch. It is tribal, too, and anyone telling themselves otherwise is kidding themselves. I've never attacked anyone in my life at a match. But I have been attacked.
    I was in among the home fans at Burnley, with a mate, a good lad, who's a life long Burnley fan. I sat on my hands. Out of respect for him. But also because those are the rules. And everyone knows them. If you're an away supporter, in among home fans, and you're giving it the big one you're asking for trouble. I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

purplenose, IOWBlue and Fordyboy46 like this.
  5. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

Team supported:
    You are Banned!... Reason - "rag".
    Well said. Having spoke to 'dennis' on the phone a few times he comes across as a sound enough old skool blue to me.

6. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

Sounds like the right man to have next to you in a scrap.

7. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

Re the OP .... I sit very close to where it happened. The instigator has been ejected for similar behaviour before.
    Cant handle his drink ... and likely more.

8. BlueMoonRisin'

BlueMoonRisin'

Team supported:
    You are Banned!... Reason - "rag".
    I didn't read into it that he he was condoning violence, it's just that he's been around it kicking off bigtime(as I have) back in the day. You had to beat or be beaten, or fast on your toes. Running wasn't cool though unless outnumbered.

mancityvstoke likes this.
  9. samarasra

samarasra

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I understand your point but the real evil is that those are not "the rules" and you know it is not the way it should be. It is bullying thuggery that has been "accepted" because the silent majority are afraid to speak up against it and neither the football authorities nor clubs are competent to deal with it. Other professional sports have equally "passionate" fans but rarely experience this criminal behaviour. Many have spoken out against this crap here, perhaps we should be louder.

bluemooners09 and Eccles Blue like this.
  10. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    It’s the early leavers trying to get out of the family stand on 85 mins.