Trouble at the derby in Block 131

Fred and the rest of the crew went to Burnage and South Manchester,I lived in Middleton at the time and went the opposite way to them. And Barry was working in Holland by then,so I was on my Jack Jones that day mate. As I said there were about 5/6 mixed race (half- caste back then) hanging around as I approached my Triumph 1300 and they began to "interview " me about who I supported etc.
Was shitting myself(about half a mile from our own ground remember) and I remember thinking I am going to get a good kicking if they are United fans. Luckily I got away with it. No football shirts,scarves or any other football related clothing displayed by anybody involved. It was too risky to do that back in those days.
I went to OT with Fred,Barry and the rest of the boys a few times in those days. Most memorable was when the guy with the Afro hair got a dart in his head not too far away from us in The Scoreboard End at OT.
Were you with us at that game Dave??
Oi, you’ve just blown my cover PHIL :)
I don’t remember that dart incident but there were quite a few shithouses getting up to stunts like that in those days. I did go to most Derby’s at the swamp in those days but the only one I remember every minute of was 74 for obvious good and bad reasons.
Glad you’re retired now mate, nice to see some of us are still here. :)

I don’t remember that dart incident but there were quite a few shithouses getting up to stunts like that in those days. I did go to most Derby’s at the swamp in those days but the only one I remember every minute of was 74 for obvious good and bad reasons.

You were glad the cats s/ governors were around in them days could be scary places back then to go to

Sorry Sid,from now on I will refer to you as DC to keep your deep cover top secret(For Your Eyes Only). It's great being retired but I do seem to spend a lot of my free time posting on Bluemoon.
Sad twat or what ?

You were glad the cats s/ governors were around in them days could be scary places back then to go to
I never really noticed the Cool Cats at away matches in the 70s. A few of us from Middleton and a dozen or so from Burnage/Chorlton used to travel together as a crew in the mid-70s. There were always enough of us to confront and overwhelm and any similar size groups at away matches,and we could always join other small groups of Blues if we needed more numbers.
If you squared up to opposition fans and decided that discretion was better than valour(i.e. you shit yourself and ran away) you had to answer to the 2 leaders of our group of Blues who were -----
Sid C and Fred P. ( Both scary guys when in a rumble,I was always glad they were on our side and made sure I stayed on the right side of them by not running away until they did).
I always think of Enemy At The Gates . The Wehrmact in front of you (opposition fans) and the Soviet Political Commissars(Sid C and Fred P) at the rear of you,ready to shoot you if you ran away!!!!

I never really noticed the Cool Cats at away matches in the 70s. A few of us from Middleton and a dozen or so from Burnage/Chorlton used to travel together as a crew in the mid-70s. There were always enough of us to confront and overwhelm and any similar size groups at away matches,and we could always join other small groups of Blues if we needed more numbers.
If you squared up to opposition fans and decided that discretion was better than valour(i.e. you shit yourself and ran away) you had to answer to the 2 leaders of our group of Blues who were -----
Sid C and Fred P. ( Both scary guys when in a rumble,I was always glad they were on our side and made sure I stayed on the right side of them by not running away until they did).
I always think of Enemy At The Gates . The Wehrmact in front of you (opposition fans) and the Soviet Political Commissars(Sid C and Fred P) at the rear of you,ready to shoot you if you ran away!!!!

But did you wear your half and half scarf:)

But did you wear your half and half scarf:)
Ha, the only half and half I knew about in the 70s was a half of cider and a half of lager,which when combined became a pint of SNAKEBITE.
I fucking hate all half and half scarves and all the wankers that wear them(young kids under the age of 12 excepted).

Good old Fred Pr (if it’s the same one ? Hard as fuck )

He nearly killed coco on Warwick rd bridge in a derby game once just a one on one

It was one of either after meeting at the star then walk to the ground , mob up at white city and walk to the ground , mob up at the quadrant and walk to the ground

Fucking top days .... one of our lot passed this year ..... a lot of gutted blues at his funeral (parr’s wood lad)

Since I’ve found god I’ve changed, come to mass with me and love everyone no matter who they are’otherwise you’ll always have this anger in your hearts
Go in peace my fellow blues

and embrace dippers, rags, and half and half scarfers like your loved ones

We greet you in peace

We leave you in pieces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.