Trouble at the derby in Block 131

Can't be arsed arguing with you about another persons posts. However i imagine anyone who reads his posts will come to the same conclusion as me.

Not really. I side with the guy whose known the poster for 20 years.

Going on the match bus back to Stretford from the mid 70s to the late 90s and witnessing some of the cowardly attacks by rags, hardened my sensitivities. Keep the trouble away from families and other fans who have no interest in it. That’s good enough for me.

Going on the match bus back to Stretford from the mid 70s to the late 90s and witnessing some of the cowardly attacks by rags, hardened my sensitivities. Keep the trouble away from families and other fans who have no interest in it. That’s good enough for me.

so many people with their heads up their own arse it’s untrue

well ..where do u think I stand after I made it clear I don't condone indiscriminate violence and never have? You still sound angry 5 Days later pal.

You might be the OP (and tbf) I didn't read your post -silly me- but threads have a habit of developing into wider issues/points.
You d be better off asking how folk around you were affected by the 'violence'on the day. ..not me.
I see your party are claiming to be the victim,maybe others saw it differently..

Id hate to be chucked out for expressing a view in a Football match esp if that view is take Silva off for Foden...I said that out loud around 10 times on sat in Family stand I was sat on my own .others agreed with me,no one challenged me...not like here on good old BM when I first started articulating my belief that Foden was ready (and David was in decline) two yrs ago and got dogs abuse and ridicule for saying so...
Where do u stand on online bullying?? ;)
But seriously. ...the only time I've bin threatened by another Blue was Westham away a few years baaach (Negrado outrageous dummy Augero scores) when some numpty was sat in my seat and refused to move ..I was pissed out me head,late in, and In no mood to discuss theissue picked him up and threw him out of the seat-little did I know he had mates dotted about......

Understood but when you make points such as “Not as bad as a grown man who cant handle a bit of violence on Match day.” I can’t help but think you and others who have leapt to your support aren’t secretly celebrating violence as if it’s normal - it isn’t and any sad middle aged numpty who looks back on it fondly needs to grow up.

Also there have been posts on this thread calling out the guy who instigated the violence as having previous and who witnessed him at it on the day....

Best post on this thread by far.
I almost thought I was back in the 70s wearing my Fred Perry polo, Levis and Timpson Royals. Never wore any colours in those days, just keep your head down and try to get back into town unscathed.
I almost got beat up by a crew of City mixed race kids as I made my way back to my car on Yewtree Lane @ 1977. Luckily I had my City pin badge in the pocket of my sheepskin coat and they believed that I was a Blue when I showed it to them.
Fred wasn’t with you then? ;)

Each to their own I guess. I will leave this with you though.The only people who think it's ok to be involved in any violence and trying to link it to the City badge are them.

“Not as bad as a grown man who cant handle a bit of violence on Match day.”
QUOTE!
As far as I see his response was to reminisce about violence in the 70’s and 80’s - and people get on here telling him he’s made a legendary post - no he hasn’t he’s glorified violence and tried to call out others as being soft as if his Neanderthal attitude makes him a real man.

“Not as bad as a grown man who cant handle a bit of violence on Match day.”
QUOTE!
As far as I see his response was to reminisce about violence in the 70’s and 80’s - and people get on here telling him he’s made a legendary post - no he hasn’t he’s glorified violence and tried to call out others as being soft as if his Neanderthal attitude makes him a real man.
I don’t think that’s what he’s done. He’s just said that experiences many of us have had, has just desensitised us to violence and we’re not arsed when we see it. I doesn’t shock us, we don’t think it’s unacceptable, just a part of life and derby days. Not saying it’s right nor glorifying it.

Blue on blue has happened a lot ...more at the new stadium and wembley where you're stuck with people sometimes you dont want to be near.

Plenty of blues I can't fucking stand.

We don't always get on trust me. Just look at the state of it on here.
Oh I don`t know ... I think you`re OK for a cnut. ;)

Fred wasn’t with you then? ;)
Fred and the rest of the crew went to Burnage and South Manchester,I lived in Middleton at the time and went the opposite way to them. And Barry was working in Holland by then,so I was on my Jack Jones that day mate. As I said there were about 5/6 mixed race (half- caste back then) hanging around as I approached my Triumph 1300 and they began to "interview " me about who I supported etc.
Was shitting myself(about half a mile from our own ground remember) and I remember thinking I am going to get a good kicking if they are United fans. Luckily I got away with it. No football shirts,scarves or any other football related clothing displayed by anybody involved. It was too risky to do that back in those days.
I went to OT with Fred,Barry and the rest of the boys a few times in those days. Most memorable was when the guy with the Afro hair got a dart in his head not too far away from us in The Scoreboard End at OT.
Were you with us at that game Dave??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.