Trouble at the Derby (merged)

Re: Do we know this City idiot fan ?

Have i got this correct ?

For running on the pitch and confronting Rio - ban for life ?

BAN for LIFE , a little too heavy handed to me .

He has never been in trouble before , it does not make sense to me or am i missing something , please put me right .

Ladybarn Blue . said:

He has never been in trouble before , it does not make sense to me or am i missing something , please put me right .

If they didn't have such a heavy punishment there would be a lot of fools who would consider running. For example, if it were a 10 year ban there would be a lot of people who would think I the cold light of day that it is still worth attacking Ferdinand, or someone else.

There are quite a few incidents where the perpetrator commits the offence in hot blood. In such cases, many would argue it does not matter how large the penalty is.

-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 pm --

Ladybarn Blue . said:

If they didn't have such a heavy punishment there would be a lot of fools who would consider running. For example, if it were a 10 year ban there would be a lot of people who would think I the cold light of day that it is still worth attacking Ferdinand, or someone else.

There are quite a few incidents where the perpetrator commits the offence in hot blood. In such cases, many would argue it does not matter how large the penalty is.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 pm --<br /><br />
Ladybarn Blue . said:

There are quite a few incidents where the perpetrator commits the offence in hot blood. In such cases, many would argue it does not matter how large the penalty is.

Darkhorse said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

I understand your comments thank you , but again "Ban For Life" a bit too much for me .

I must admit your comment that some may think 10 year ban for attacking Ferdinand quite good value.

I do assure you i am not a "do gooder".

But i am stilled "troubled" by this possible ban .

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Darkhorse said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

I understand your comments thank you , but again "Ban For Life" a bit too much for me .

I must admit your comment that some may think 10 year ban for attacking Ferdinand quite good value.

And had he had a knife?

Ladybarn Blue . said:

Natural justice has never been elemental within football disciplinary bodies. You either get the full baseball bat or a finger wag!

How many 'life bans' for drugs cheats have been overturned and they get a two year stint, much of which has been spent overturning the life ban. I think a life ban is contrary to any notion of justice. You cannot ban someone on the basis that he might have had a knife. You are banned for what you do - climb over the fence, walk onto the pitch, get no further than big Joe and get thrown to the ground by some steward who seemed to relish the opportunity. A life ban is way over the top - but that's what footballing authorities in this country do to the the guy at the bottom of the pile. Can we expect a footballer who goads the opposition fans to get a life ban? I think not, and that is where the balance should be.

de niro said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:
Darkhorse said:

And had he had a knife?

But can i assume he did not have a knife .

You could say the same about a gun .

But to my knowledge he did not have either .

Again in my opinion it is getting out of hand ,

Ladybarn Blue . said:
Darkhorse said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

Ladybarn Blue . said:

i thought that it was against Human Rights to impose a ban for life. Thats why the gov are having to jump through the hoops over 'life sentences'. sentences of an indeterminate length are deemed to be inhumane as it assumes that the individual can never be reformed

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:

Natural justice has never been elemental within football disciplinary bodies. You either get the full baseball bat or a finger wag!

Know i do understand what you are saying there , as a man banned for 3 matchs last season in 109 .

City will not accept anyone bringing the club into disrepute as such, some of our fans badly let down the club at the weekend and they will pay a heavy price. Stop feeling sorry for them, it's their own fault.

So the thousands of fans running onto the pitch on the last day of the season got life bans did they? That's why we (allegedly) have so many empty seats at matches these days!!

Irony/sarcasm guys, irony/sarcasm!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.