Trouble at the Derby (merged)

Life ban is fair enough for me. No need for it.

Coin tossers will deservedly get life as well, no matter his much they think Rooney and co forced them to do it.

Bluebee2 said:
City will not accept anyone bringing the club into disrepute as such, some of our fans badly let down the club at the weekend and they will pay a heavy price. Stop feeling sorry for them, it's their own fault.
Exactly. Both fans and players have responsibility for their actions and can't complain if this actions get them into trouble.

Heard that twat Danny Mills saying that you shouldn't hold players to account as football is an emotional game. Well it's just as emotional for us fans as well.

You can only blame the players though if you can pass "The Adebayor Test".

I laughed my head off at Adebayor's pitch length celebration, it still makes me chuckle when I see it.

I have to accept though that I've permanently lost the right to criticise other players for celebrating against City, short of actually assaulting the fans.

It would be rank hypocrisy to laugh at Adebayor's celebration but criticise the united players.

Re: 15 Year Old Boy Arrested

pokerjokerz said:
As a United fan, can I say its a ***king joke whats going on. What do they expect fans to do on derby day, go to the match hand in hand, share a sandwich ( we like prawn one actually ) and all go home together clapping each other on the back..

Get real.. its football, its rivalry, its derby day. So Rio gets a bit of abuse.. I am sure his £130k a week pay packet more than compensates him for the abuse he gets from your lot.

Give me £130k a week and you can all pelt me with 2 pences.

Football has gone to shit, its becoming a namby pamby game where fans are expected to turn up, sit down, be quiet and just take photos on our camera phones.

If people think that was hostile then they'd shit their pants on derby day, 20 years ago.. If they banned every fan who threw coins, abused the opposition and shouted rude words there wouldn't have been a crowd the next week.

20 years ago Rio wouldn't have been hit by one fan pelting 2ps. He'd have been pelted by every fan throwing 2ps.

I wont decry any fan for being abusive on derby day because I've been there, done it and bought the T shirt. I've thrown more objects than I care to remember at City players. In fact Robbie ( **** ) Fowler must have made a small fortune out of me. The only pity is I am a shit shot and missed his big fat nose which is quite an achievement really..

A million times this!Nobody wants to go back to the bad old days where every game was running battles and getting back to the station was a minefield at away games,but this hand wringing pc world is turning us all into cry babies scared to do anything for fear of upsetting somebody!

The alternative?It's already here!Half and half scarves and tourist grinning and taking photo's no matter who scores=no passion and atmosphere=the death of football.You have been warned!

cibaman said:
You can only blame the players though if you can pass "The Adebayor Test".

I laughed my head off at Adebayor's pitch length celebration, it still makes me chuckle when I see it.

I have to accept though that I've permanently lost the right to criticise other players for celebrating against City, short of actually assaulting the fans.

It would be rank hypocrisy to laugh at Adebayor's celebration but criticise the united players.

Exactly my thought's, we were laughing at Arsenal fan's saying "he ran at us and upset us" grow up ! The lunatic that ran on the other day needs a long ban, he's brought our name down and needs to pay the price.

In my opinion the difference between Adebayor and Rooney is the fact we didnt moan when they launched coins at him (well I didnt, not sure about others)

Rooney knew what was going to happen and whilst this doesnt make it alright, they cant act suprised and outraged

If your player scores the winning goal against the rags or someone else and winds them up,sure you will find it funny.I also wouldn't moan if they were hit with a coin or some pissed up loon ran on and tried to have a pop because they did so.Provoke people when they are hurting the most and you risk a slap,it is human nature.

Bellamy at the swamp had done none of those things yet still got pelted and attcked,plus assaulted by camel gob.

Agree the game/the worlds gone too soft. Had to laugh listening to all the reporters/experts/softarses saying how bad it was and a return to the bad old days. Fuck me if that was the bad old days then its not how I remember them. I doubt one of these do gooders have ever been in a stand at a charged derby game, stick to your tartan blanket, soft cushion and flask and leave what made this game so passionate in the first place to the rest of us. If players wanna give it to opposing fans then expect it back. If they don't run over they wont get it simple as. Not gonna be sanctamonious and say they shouldn't run over but thats up to them and in return expect it back that is all. Don't condone running on the pitch at a player though.

Re: Do we know this City idiot fan ?

Ladybarn Blue . said:
de niro said:
Ladybarn Blue . said:
I understand your comments thank you , but again "Ban For Life" a bit too much for me .

I must admit your comment that some may think 10 year ban for attacking Ferdinand quite good value.

I do assure you i am not a "do gooder".

But i am stilled "troubled" by this possible ban .

And had he had a knife?

But can i assume he did not have a knife .

You could say the same about a gun .

But to my knowledge he did not have either .

Again in my opinion it is getting out of hand ,

I don't think a 'ban for life' is the right thing either , the rate at which this club is banning people , or revoking their cards , we'll soon have no fans left !

Alright he shouldn't have been on the pitch , and he shouldn't have made an effort to confront Rio , but he's apologised , seems of impeccable character otherwise , and for me a life ban is a bit too heavy in this case ...... he never actually got to Rio , thanks to Joe Hart , so it would appear that his only crimes are coming onto the pitch , with 'intent' to confront the player ......

it's clear that he's no serial football hooligan , and a three year ban would have been enough , in my view ...... he just allowed the occasion to get to him.

If anyone deserves a longer ban it's the guy who threw the coin at Rio , an act that could have costs the player an eye .... but it would appear that , despite all the cameras and GMP's best efforts , the culprit remains at large.

The FA etc are saying "Oh it's terrible" and making the right noises.

I bet my last penny the ones with pound signs in their eyes were loving it.

You think next derby less broadcasters are going to want rights to that match ?

Not a chance, City v Utd now is back to the biggest game along side Barca v Real imo regarding worldwide attention.
Every man and his dog is going to want to see the next match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.