Trouble in City end at Brighton on Saturday

Nothing new about blue on blue violence. Remember Langley, Wythenshaw clashes on the Kippax in the seventies, and the Cool Cats taking out racists a fee years later. Really scarey but unity broke out if their was away fans to face .
that was jovial banter langley gorton wythenshaw lads best of mates total respect

No, it’ll be City fans who fight these non-City fans. It’s already happened at Anfield, City fans filled in a Liverpool fan in our away end.

Shit from our fans to do it, but what the the Scouse fucker doing in our away end?
Pick one from:
1) Tourist with a ticket from a 3rd party company and too fucking stupid to keep quiet once he realised he was in the away section.
2) Scouser who has a Blue mate who got him a ticket and too fucking stupid to keep quiet even though he knew fine well he was in the away section.
3) Similar to above but was sold a spare by a Blue who just wanted £30 for the ticket and didn't care who it went to.

Pick one from:
1) Tourist with a ticket from a 3rd party company and too fucking stupid to keep quiet once he realised he was in the away section.
2) Scouser who has a Blue mate who got him a ticket and too fucking stupid to keep quiet even though he knew fine well he was in the away section.
3) Similar to above but was sold a spare by a Blue who just wanted £30 for the ticket and didn't care who it went to.
4). He ‘jibbed in’

Its a shame to read about this after Saturday as my experience of the day couldn’t have been more different. From having a few beers in the pub in town before the game with a bunch of city fans I’ve never met before to getting on the train and having a sing song I encountered no issues or even a hint of one. Where I was stood in the ground was all good natured and one small group were constantly singing the new Jack Grealish song and generally having a good day out.
I didn’t see any bother on the concourse either before or at half time and no issues on the train back.

It’s easy to paint the odd bit of stupidness from a few fans to paint the day as some sort of throw back to the 80s when it really wasn’t like that. Trust me compared to a lot of teams away support ours are top notch.

Not going to comment on your personal situation, I don't know you or your dad, and I've no right to comment on that specifically but in those kind of instances I would put forward the case that person knows the likely outcome from drinking and I'd question the sober decision to still drink anyway knowing in advance there's a strong possibility of violence. Others may think very differently, but for me, you get a pass for acting like a total dick once maybe twice under the influence, anything after that becomes a habit and you can no longer use that as an excuse.

I go to most games, I know many people who shovel so much stuff down their neck and up their noses it doesn't seem possible and yet they wouldn't ever be aggressive unless under extreme provocation, being an annoying twat is about their limit. conversely, I know lads who would get into a scrap with somebody for almost no reason whatsoever sober, the drink and drugs just speeds it up.
Thanks for the response, and I agree with virtually all that mate.

In fact the only bit i’d comment on is your last sentence…. I think for those sort of people it doesn’t just speed it up happening, it therefore/also makes it more likely, and tbh, that was my original point. As such, drink/drugs do play a role in making the chances of a scrap/an assault more likely.
On a different/ related note, puts me in mind of some of the parents I’ve seen on the touch line at kids footy - just a good job the matches are Sunday morning not Saturday evening!

Not going to comment on your personal situation, I don't know you or your dad, and I've no right to comment on that specifically but in those kind of instances I would put forward the case that person knows the likely outcome from drinking and I'd question the sober decision to still drink anyway knowing in advance there's a strong possibility of violence. Others may think very differently, but for me, you get a pass for acting like a total dick once maybe twice under the influence, anything after that becomes a habit and you can no longer use that as an excuse.

I go to most games, I know many people who shovel so much stuff down their neck and up their noses it doesn't seem possible and yet they wouldn't ever be aggressive unless under extreme provocation, being an annoying twat is about their limit. conversely, I know lads who would get into a scrap with somebody for almost no reason whatsoever sober, the drink and drugs just speeds it up.

Your Social circle needs some work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.