Trouble in Leeds tonight

I’ve been through Harehills several times, though not since before the pandemic, as Mrs Vienna used to have appointments in the hospital there.

To say it’s not the best of areas is an understatement.

It’s where both Micah and Mel B. grew up.
The hospital is at the posh end. You were lucky.

True but fact is the Roma in Harehills have suddenly found a voice just like the Asians, Irish and Jewish did in and around the same areas of Manchester , Leeds over-the decades before working their nuts off to get out of the ghettos. Let's hope they seek , get opportunities to do the same in a country still more tolerant than we give it credit for.
If the private landlords around Leeds would phase their change of contract / “move” dates, the Roma community would be kept out if mischief for a longer period of time. I was working at a house in Hyde Park and shouted to a Roma thet they’d already checked the bin nine times.

For those who don’t know, Leeds has a huge student population who throw out tons of decent stuff when they leave or change houses.

If the private landlords around Leeds would phase their change of contract / “move” dates, the Roma community would be kept out if mischief for a longer period of time. I was working at a house in Hyde Park and shouted to a Roma thet they’d already checked the bin nine times.

For those who don’t know, Leeds has a huge student population who throw out tons of decent stuff when they leave or change houses.
Unless it’s changed a lot in the last 40 odd years, most students living in Hyde Park / Headingley areas would have had their decent stuff nicked soon after moving in. Burglary capital of England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.