Trouble in the East Stand??

SWP's back said:
Ricster said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
I'm pissed off with the club now. Can anyone clear up whether stewards can manhandle you (assault in my opinion) or do they have to get the police to forcibly eject you? If it is the job of the police then why, when clearly shown on the video, are the club allowing stewards to assault the fans. What if we were to start acting in self defence, would the club and police turn a blind eye to it? Just need it clearing up for future reference because the club statement clearly gives Showsec license to bully.

Job for the police. Security can not arrest for breach of the peace.
They (showsec) weren't trying to arrest him. Why do you keep saying that? They were trying to eject him.

Stop keep saying showsec were trying to arrest him.

Arrest, Detain, Eject, whatever. The bottom line is that the police have stated that the male was brought to their attention for a breach of the peace. That is something for the police to deal with as a civilian hasn't got the right to put their hands on them for that offence.

Better? ;)

Ricster said:
SWP's back said:
Ricster said:
They (showsec) weren't trying to arrest him. Why do you keep saying that? They were trying to eject him.

Arrest, Detain, Eject, whatever. The bottom line is that the police have stated that the male was brought to their attention for a breach of the peace. That is something for the police to deal with as a civilian hasn't got the right to put their hands on them for that offence.

Better? ;)

Not really no.

Here goes:

Showsec: sit down
Man: no
Showsec: sit down now or ill get the police
Man: no (then sits)
Showsec: *grab the guy to try and eject him*

[at this point, there is a breach of the peace as can clearly be seen in the video with stewards, the man and fans pushing and shoving with the odd punch thrown]

Police: *look to try and remedy situation by removing man (unluckily for him) as the breach is centred around him. This is to try and calm the situation which is rapidly being inflamed. This succeeds and the man is de-arrested away from the earlier melee*

By all accounts a showsec steward was arrested for his part in the fracas.

Showsec are a bunch of turds and deserve a slap and then some for their part in in the logomachy however they, at no point, tried to arrest the man. They tried to remove him, as is allowed by their remit, however, once he refused, they should have backed off and requested the police remove him. This would have avoided the tumult that ensued.

Ricster said:
SWP's back said:
Ricster said:

Better? ;)
So if that's the case that steward should have some action taken against him and any others that try to put their hands on you. I hope everyone knows this now for future games they attend. Just wish the old fella is ok and he takes this further, he has been treated shamefully by everyone apart from his fellow fans.

I'm still trying to make out why once the police turned up why they stood back and watched showsec man handle him, or would it have kicked off more if they'd handcuffed him and read him his rights in view of thousands.

Lets just forget about manhandling an old man with heart problems after he reminded them 5 times, whether 109 is standing or sitting, whether there was complaints from people in the block and how they are aggressive jumped up bullies ect for 1 second.

The one thing i just cannot understand in all of this is their "strategy" for solving the problem.

Now when there is a problem, logic and common sense tells you you have to go to the route of the problem to solve it. So in this case the problem is persistent standing in a block, now i may not have University degree's or even good GSCE grades but surely the route of the problem in this case is the first row, or the 2nd or whenever the standing begins. If someone stands in front of you and you have paid £40 for a ticket, you are going to stand too. Now this guy on the video looks like he was 3 or 4 rows up, maybe even more, so why are they targeting him when it is not his fault, what is he supposed to do? sit down and look at someone's arse whilst listening to the crowd noise or checking his phone to see how the game is going on? No, they targeted him because he was old and he looked like he would be an easy person to reject to make an example out of which is a joke and everyone who is involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame.

The whole thing stinks and no amount of complaining on here or petitions on the press will do anything about it. This is modern football, you pay £40 to be treated like shit and if you don't like it they will ban you, there is no freedom of speech or freedom to do anything once you step into a football ground and it will never change because football fans are too selfish to do anything about it.

Football fans get treated like shit because they are mugs, you see the change in attitude from the football authorities when you hit them where it hurts the most.....the pocket but this will never happen.

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

marco said:
so is it correct the club has terminated fletcher as head of security
If he put out that statement then it wouldn't surprise me. I can't imagine that Vicky Kloss approved it. If she did then she wants shooting. Like Cook's "hacker" it can be easily shown to be nonsense (and possibly defamatory as well although the victim wasn't mentioned by name).

WNRH said:
Lets just forget about manhandling an old man with heart problems after he reminded them 5 times, whether 109 is standing or sitting, whether there was complaints from people in the block and how they are aggressive jumped up bullies ect for 1 second.

The one thing i just cannot understand in all of this is their "strategy" for solving the problem.

Now when there is a problem, logic and common sense tells you you have to go to the route of the problem to solve it. So in this case the problem is persistent standing in a block, now i may not have University degree's or even good GSCE grades but surely the route of the problem in this case is the first row, or the 2nd or whenever the standing begins. If someone stands in front of you and you have paid £40 for a ticket, you are going to stand too. Now this guy on the video looks like he was 3 or 4 rows up, maybe even more, so why are they targeting him when it is not his fault, what is he supposed to do? sit down and look at someone's arse whilst listening to the crowd noise or checking his phone to see how the game is going on? No, they targeted him because he was old and he looked like he would be an easy person to reject to make an example out of which is a joke and everyone who is involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame.

The whole thing stinks and no amount of complaining on here or petitions on the press will do anything about it. This is modern football, you pay £40 to be treated like shit and if you don't like it they will ban you, there is no freedom of speech or freedom to do anything once you step into a football ground and it will never change because football fans are too selfish to do anything about it.

Football fans get treated like shit because they are mugs, you see the change in attitude from the football authorities when you hit them where it hurts the most.....the pocket but this will never happen

that's exactly what I've been getting at, if fans would stop being so apathetic and make a sacrifice dramatic things could happen, unfortunately "I'm alright Jack" wins every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.