Trouble in the East Stand??

WNRH said:
Lets just forget about manhandling an old man with heart problems after he reminded them 5 times, whether 109 is standing or sitting, whether there was complaints from people in the block and how they are aggressive jumped up bullies ect for 1 second.

The one thing i just cannot understand in all of this is their "strategy" for solving the problem.

Now when there is a problem, logic and common sense tells you you have to go to the route of the problem to solve it. So in this case the problem is persistent standing in a block, now i may not have University degree's or even good GSCE grades but surely the route of the problem in this case is the first row, or the 2nd or whenever the standing begins. If someone stands in front of you and you have paid £40 for a ticket, you are going to stand too. Now this guy on the video looks like he was 3 or 4 rows up, maybe even more, so why are they targeting him when it is not his fault, what is he supposed to do? sit down and look at someone's arse whilst listening to the crowd noise or checking his phone to see how the game is going on? No, they targeted him because he was old and he looked like he would be an easy person to reject to make an example out of which is a joke and everyone who is involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame.

The whole thing stinks and no amount of complaining on here or petitions on the press will do anything about it. This is modern football, you pay £40 to be treated like shit and if you don't like it they will ban you, there is no freedom of speech or freedom to do anything once you step into a football ground and it will never change because football fans are too selfish to do anything about it.

Football fans get treated like shit because they are mugs, you see the change in attitude from the football authorities when you hit them where it hurts the most.....the pocket but this will never happen.

people in 109 don't stand because the people in front do, it's because it adds to atmosphere. Hillsborough is the worst thing that ever happened to football and as a result of it the game is still being ruined today.

Agree with what you said; footy fans are treated horribly by some rozzers and stewards.

Anyone still on the old bills side should just read the 1st 30 pages. I'm sick of the same points being raised over and over when they have already been beaten down 10 pages earlier!

JoeMercer'sWay said:
WNRH said:
Lets just forget about manhandling an old man with heart problems after he reminded them 5 times, whether 109 is standing or sitting, whether there was complaints from people in the block and how they are aggressive jumped up bullies ect for 1 second.

The one thing i just cannot understand in all of this is their "strategy" for solving the problem.

Now when there is a problem, logic and common sense tells you you have to go to the route of the problem to solve it. So in this case the problem is persistent standing in a block, now i may not have University degree's or even good GSCE grades but surely the route of the problem in this case is the first row, or the 2nd or whenever the standing begins. If someone stands in front of you and you have paid £40 for a ticket, you are going to stand too. Now this guy on the video looks like he was 3 or 4 rows up, maybe even more, so why are they targeting him when it is not his fault, what is he supposed to do? sit down and look at someone's arse whilst listening to the crowd noise or checking his phone to see how the game is going on? No, they targeted him because he was old and he looked like he would be an easy person to reject to make an example out of which is a joke and everyone who is involved in this decision should hang their heads in shame.

The whole thing stinks and no amount of complaining on here or petitions on the press will do anything about it. This is modern football, you pay £40 to be treated like shit and if you don't like it they will ban you, there is no freedom of speech or freedom to do anything once you step into a football ground and it will never change because football fans are too selfish to do anything about it.

Football fans get treated like shit because they are mugs, you see the change in attitude from the football authorities when you hit them where it hurts the most.....the pocket but this will never happen

that's exactly what I've been getting at, if fans would stop being so apathetic and make a sacrifice dramatic things could happen, unfortunately "I'm alright Jack" wins every time.

It's quite ridiculous really, even though the majority of football fans are idiots, we don't realise how much power we hold. The premier league gets billions every year and makes clubs and their employee's millionaires and it is all because of the fans. You see the TV Subscriptions in Asia or the states go down if stadiums are empty or are so devoid of atmosphere it feels like a club's open day.

I'd love one day to see a nationwide boycott of football games over a weekend over prices, stewarding, how we are treated, kick off times, changing fixtures on a whim. Clubs would be on their knee's begging you to come back and treat you like a valued customer in a small family run business.

Re: Re: Trouble in the East Stand??

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I agree people are sometimes too quick to run to the press when they should be giving a chance to the club to sort it out.

But the safety of fans is far more important than anything else. Anyone in 109 will tell you it was a hairsbreadth from kicking off on Saturday. Plus the club statement made it clear where they stood and that lost them the opportunity to be given the chance to investigate.
Has that been made an official club statement with a name attatched?
'a spokesperson'

Are you talking about the MEN?

I could be wrong here but hasn't anybody thought for one minute that this so called "City Spokesman" mentioned in the MEN is just the usual made-up bullshit that the press always do? Or its come from the likes of the Police or even a Showsec employee, even though it says at the end of the article Showsec weren't available for comment?

So how would this so called "City Spokesman" know that guy was being "extremely abusive"? Was he/she there to witness it then? Was this City Spokesman a fan, because there were only fans and Showsec there, and then the Police?

A City spokesman said the fan had been ‘extremely abusive’ and stewards had responded to complaints from other supporters. Police confirmed they had received a complaint about the incident, which was captured by fans on mobile phones.

I take everything with a pinch of salt what the media says. especially when its about City, they all love to be negative as I'm sure you'd all agree on. I only tend to believe when I actually hear it come from the 'Horses mouth', or if a statement was put up on the OS, which I can't see?

Here's the guy who would know who this "City spokesman" is, after all it was his article:

mikekeegan said:
If anyone knows the chap involved can they give me a shout?

0161 211 2056 or mike.keegan@men-news.co.uk

Cheers

Mike (M.E.N.)

So come on then Mike who is it? Is it somebody who actually works for the Club? Or is the Police or Showsec? Or is it just some made up drivel to stir up trouble and give us even more bad press which it has done as you can see for yourself?

WNRH said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
WNRH said:

Football fans get treated like shit because they are mugs, you see the change in attitude from the football authorities when you hit them where it hurts the most.....the pocket but this will never happen

that's exactly what I've been getting at, if fans would stop being so apathetic and make a sacrifice dramatic things could happen, unfortunately "I'm alright Jack" wins every time.

It's quite ridiculous really, even though the majority of football fans are idiots, we don't realise how much power we hold. The premier league gets billions every year and makes clubs and their employee's millionaires and it is all because of the fans. You see the TV Subscriptions in Asia or the states go down if stadiums are empty or are so devoid of atmosphere it feels like a club's open day.

I'd love one day to see a nationwide boycott of football games over a weekend over prices, stewarding, how we are treated, kick off times, changing fixtures on a whim. Clubs would be on their knee's begging you to come back and treat you like a valued customer in a small family run business.
We are badly treated by our arab friends arnt we,£1'000 season cards,£50 champion leagues matches for watching shite football..isee your point!

The cookie monster said:
WNRH said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

We are badly treated by our arab friends arnt we,£1'000 season cards,£50 champion leagues matches for watching shite football..isee your point!

Are you being sarcy? 'cos if you are you mustn't go to places like 109(they did it in SS too) or away games. If you did you would know that football fans get treated like cattle!

i was a eaststand supervisior until the end of the concerts last season i had never had trouble with the crowd what could not be dealt with by the city stewards and not heavy handed but what i have seen from saturday showsec should be thrown out of the ground for good what i can tell you is that the club DOES NOT stand by there stewards and even offer the personal details to people so that they can take them to court to get them done after they have only defended there selves against a drunk at a concert who had just attacked 2 other members of staff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.