Trouble in the East Stand??

Just watched the video now and the showsec stewards are an absolute disgrace. I am disgusted that they would treat an elderly man in this way.

City should be ashamed of themselves

Prestwich_Blue said:
I would assume the club employ ShowSec because they can provide a large number of (supposedly) trained and SIA registered staff, which the club can't. The overhead of training and managing them would presumably be far too onerous for the 25 times a years they're needed

Peter Fletcher is not personally responsible for the behaviour of ShowSec stewards but I'd like to know what instructions have been given to them, if any, by the club. What I do know is that their actions were far more dangerous than people simply standing and very nearly caused a full scale riot. They essentially had to be rescued by the police from the consequences of their actions.

People should definitely be contacting the FSF over this and also their MP's. I know my MP, Ivan Lewis, is a Blue as is the Withington MP John Leech. Tony Lloyd is the MP for Manchester Central, which is the constituency the ground is in I believe, and he's a rag but very sound on football related stuff and on the side of the ordinary fan.

As regards the council, Chief Exec Howard Bernstein & Council Leader Richard Leese are Blues as is Paul Murphy, Chair of the GM Police Authority.

Maybe his not responsible for their Behaviour, but as head of Security he is most definitely ACCOUNTABLE for it.

rickmcfc said:
bluebunny81 said:
Just watched the video now and the showsec stewards are an absolute disgrace. I am disgusted that they would treat an elderly man in this way.

City should be ashamed of themselves

City?

Yes City, i know its showsec who assaulted the guy but fletcher etc have to take some responsibility too for continuing to use showsec after the way they have behaved in the past and after numerous complaints from fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.