Tsunami Hits Japan After 8.8 Earthquake. part 2.

Re: Tsunami Hits Japan After 8.8 Earthquake

Gelsons Dad said:
balkanno said:
Chernobyl couldnt happen, it can be shut off.

But it could leak, nuclear material could give some mess in the water.

You are a little overconfident there my friend. The back up power system was supposed to prevent a loss of cooling but that didn't work did it? As for being shut off? You mean the rods can be removed for cooling. Ok lets see how they do that without power.

Has it really completely lost power? I haven't seen/heard any reports on it, I'll take your word for it I find that hard to believe though. There are so many back-ups built into these reactors.

without a dream said:
Gelsons Dad said:
You are a little overconfident there my friend. The back up power system was supposed to prevent a loss of cooling but that didn't work did it? As for being shut off? You mean the rods can be removed for cooling. Ok lets see how they do that without power.

Has it really completely lost power? I haven't seen/heard any reports on it, I'll take your word for it I find that hard to believe though. There are so many back-ups built into these reactors.

evacuating a 2k radius now. Aprox 2000 people.
There was a press conference about 30 minutes before my first post where the head of the Japanese atomic agency stated that they were unable to get power to the cooling systems and the backup power systems had failed but they were working on it. He played down the severity of the situation as one would but it was clear he was not happy. Here we are a couple of hours later and they're now starting a controlled evac. By guess is the fun will really start about 3 hours from now.

16:00 uk time for the fireworks. You heard it here first.

Gelsons Dad said:
without a dream said:

evacuating a 2k radius now. Aprox 2000 people.
There was a press conference about 30 minutes before my first post where the head of the Japanese atomic agency stated that they were unable to get power to the cooling systems and the backup power systems had failed but they were working on it. He played down the severity of the situation as one would but it was clear he was not happy. Here we are a couple of hours later and they're now starting a controlled evac. By guess is the fun will really start about 3 hours from now.

16:00 uk time for the fireworks. You heard it here first.

Cheers for that they're, actually a hell of a lot of people, are in the shit then assuming they can't get the backup up and running , at least there's plenty of warning though to get those in the immediate vicinity away.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 pm --<br /><br />Actually possibly not, there's some stuff appearing now and apparently all the plants are shut down, so there's not a short term problem as the 'bombardment' should have stopped.

a TRAIN unaccounted for on a coastal line???

deaths will surely rise from the initial 30 odd to 10k+

CNN is showing waves hitting Hawaiian islands, some guys just rode up to the waves on his bike and waved at the camera!

nuclear power station seems to be the
big worry at the moment, water not being pumped
it to keep it cool

CTID Chris said:

Japanese Police reporting 300 bodies on the coast line where the Tsunami hit. It will be in the thousands by the end, whenever that maybe.

I piss and moan about our country like the rest of us. The weather, the government, the scally's who reside here etc etc etc, but fuck me i'm glad I don't live anywhere near a disaster-prone area like Japan.

This nuclear thing is a bit worrying, if I'm not mistaken, they are talking about a situation similar to chernobyl, where a nuclear meltdown would cause radioactive waste to be emitted into the air which would pretty much then blanket Japan... that's very very bad

Pigeonho said:
CTID Chris said:

Japanese Police reporting 300 bodies on the coast line where the Tsunami hit. It will be in the thousands by the end, whenever that maybe.

I piss and moan about our country like the rest of us. The weather, the government, the scally's who reside here etc etc etc, but fuck me i'm glad I don't live anywhere near a disaster-prone area like Japan.

Japan has the highest life expectancy for men and women in the world bizarrely enough.

The yanks are making a huge deal about the 0.9meter Tsunami hitting Hawaii. Yes the same Hawaii that is the surf capital of the world. 10 seconds on google took me to the NOAA site where i found this gem:

Hawai‘i receives north Pacific swell with an annually recurring maximum deep-water significant wave height of 7.7 m (Vitousek & Fletcher 2008) with peak periods of 14-18 sec. However, the size and number of swell events in Hawai‘i each year is highly variable – varying by a factor of 2 (Caldwell 2005). The annual maximum wave height recorded from buoy 51001 ranges from about 6.8 m (in 1994, 1997, 2001) to 12.3 m (1988).
FIG02_WaveDiagramAllislands_BGBays.jpg

Run for the hill my spammy friends! run like the wind!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.