Tupac...

His music is very powerful.... the messages that are sent out far outweigh the whole MTV Image that alot of people mistakenly assume him as.

Listening to his music as a teenager, he helped me develop a political consciousness, question society norms and most importantly - accept people from all different backgrounds.

This is something I hadn't picked up from the education system you pay for.

He had a message - many people heard it. :)

Massively overrated; musically and especially lyrically.

Typical psuedo-intellectual sociology that I came to expect from rap music back then. The whole "we speak to our culture" line was hugely overstated as was their influence on the mainstream.

He sold less records than Journey, Rihanna and Depeche Mode. Now tell me their "cultural influence".

Stevie B said:
His music is very powerful.... the messages that are sent out far outweigh the whole MTV Image that alot of people mistakenly assume him as.

Listening to his music as a teenager, he helped me develop a political consciousness, question society norms and most importantly - accept people from all different backgrounds.

Great post!

Damocles said:

Typical psuedo-intellectual sociology that I came to expect from rap music back then. The whole "we speak to our culture" line was hugely overstated as was their influence on the mainstream.

He sold less records than Journey, Rihanna and Depeche Mode. Now tell me their "cultural influence".
Great post!

images

Great post!

Damocles said:

No he has not infact All eyes on me has sold more albums worldwide than all of Rihannas albums combined. Journey have sold approx 80 million records in 2007 2Pac was recorded at over 75 million sales. That was 4 years and several albums ago. The only one I am not sure about is Depeche Mode who have over 100 million in sales.

The rest I will not debate as it is personal opinion and everyone has their own way of seeing this. His music spoke to me and many like me and still does.

-- Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:45 am --

Stevie B said:

I agree listening to him now.

-- Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:47 am --

Santiago Street . said:
A certain person on this thread is trying way too hard.
Oreo cookie is a phrase that screams out at me.

An oreo is a term used to describe a black person who acts white. Noone is behaving in that manner in this thread just discussing their love for a great artist. Also as you do not know the posters how do you know who is of what race?.

Diuretic failing to understand Damocle's point about his sales whilst still alive and before "martyrdom" boosted his "hip factor".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.