Turkey

1362076263_queueing_fail.gif

I laughed way more than I should've done at this.

Sounds to me like the army have had enough of Islam and are taking Turkey back to secularism. I hope they succeed and stop Islam creeping further west.

Sounds to me like the army have had enough of Islam and are taking Turkey back to secularism. I hope they succeed and stop Islam creeping further west.

Turkey's in the middle of most Islamic nations. Most of north Africa is west of Turkey!
You do realise that Turkey has been predominantly Islamic for centuries. It's not 'creeping' into Turkey, it's secularism that's been creeping in.

Last edited:
www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/28-pages-saudi-arabia-september-11.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Congress on Friday made public a long-classified document detailing possible connections between the Saudi government and the Sept. 11 terrorist plot.

The 28-page document is a wide-ranging catalog of possible links between Saudi officials and Qaeda operatives. It details contacts that Saudi operatives in Southern California had with the hijackers and describes the discovery of a telephone number in a Qaeda operative’s phone book that was traced to a corporation managing a Colorado home of Prince Bandar bin Sultan, then the Saudi ambassador to Washington.

One for the conspiracy theorists.

Meanwhile background on Turkey....

And who the fuck is dropping bombs on Turkish Parliament? So much misinformation on social media.

Fascinating article here:

www.vox.com/2016/7/15/12203886/coup-turkey-erdogan

Could the coup attempt in Turkey against President Reccep Tayyip Erdogan’s government end up empowering... President Erdogan? Some analysts think so:

To see why, go back to this July 5th New York Times story outlining the growing fears that Erdogan was moving towards "seizing the title of president for life."

At the time of the article, the fear was that Erdogan sought — and could perhaps achieve — authoritarian power in his office. He was trying to purge hundreds of judges from Turkey’s top courts, cracking down on freedom of the press (the editor of the state’s largest newspaper was forced to flee the country), and forging an closer alliance with the country’s military ("the [military’s] chief of staff was a witness at his daughter’s wedding").

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.