Turkey

here's my take, i'm not bright but its how I see it.

Turkey is a fantastic country with lovely people.

99% of Muslims are fine peaceful people.

Isis are not acting in the cause of religion, they are cowards, violent cowards that use religion as a vehicle to commit their hate against something they can never be...human.
Sums it up, same could be said for almost every country,and people trying to be too clever lose sight of a very simple truth.

Apparently over 2700 judges have already been removed following this. Whether it was a real coup attempt or not, this is a perfect situation for Erdogan to become even more powerful.
The perfect coup for Erdogan to grab more power propped up by western imperialist interests.

Say hello to dictatorship. So now we have a man that made tons of money buying ISIS oil that has purged Judges, prosecutors, military and now police. It's like he was expecting this "coup" and had all the list made up in advance just waiting for a opportunity to execute.

A Turkish soldier has been beheaded by a pro government mob on the Bosphorous bridge

Say hello to dictatorship. So now we have a man that made tons of money buying ISIS oil that has purged Judges, prosecutors, military and now police. It's like he was expecting this "coup" and had all the list made up in advance just waiting for a opportunity to execute.

all sadly true, apart from the ISIS oil bit. There may be some oil smuggling across a very porous border but there is not evidence at all its state sponsored

its also true that even the moderate Turkish I have spoken too are torn with Erdogan, for all his obvious faults he is popular because he has done an excellent job in many areas

Your knowledge of the crusades is poor not his. The first crusade in 1096 was a response to a letter by the Byzantine emperor because Muslim Seljuk Turks taking over Byzantine Christian lands in Anatolia. Although Christians didn't really act chivalrous and a lot of layer crusades wwere due to Christian aggression the first crusade was a response. Second Crusde was a response to the fall of Edessa. Also the Arabs conquered the Christian Iberian Peninsula years before the crusades.
The Muslims are innocent of any wrong doing in history rhetoric is incorrect. Both sides didn't hold themselves in much glory but to solely blame Christians is false.
Again you are making not only a mistake but actually a crime against history. Just to compare crusade to Arab conquering Iberian Peninsula
First: The Muslins received calls from Count Julian and the local people’s rejection of Gothic rule, asking the Muslims to help them and save them. As stated by the Spanish historian, “If the Arabs had not interfered in the Peninsula’s affairs in 711 CE and put an end to this age of turmoil, the Goths would have inflicted unimaginable harm on Spain.”.
Second: many Jews and Christians held government positions in Andalus, it was considered as the Golden Age of Jewish history. The philosopher Moses Maimonides, (Musa ibn Maymun) who wrote the Guide to the Perplexed."Judaism probably welcomed the conquest of Spain by the Muslims in 711. With the Muslim conquest began a Golden Age of freedom and tolerance for Jews. They freely entered the fields of government, science, medicine, and literature." Spain was home to by far the largest and most brilliant Jewish community in Europe; elsewhere, the Jews were hounded and persecuted. "Islamic Spain is sometimes described as a 'golden age' of religious and ethnic tolerance and interfaith harmony between Muslims, Jews"Christian,Jews."
Third: Andalus was the bridge used by the Muslims to transfer civilization to Europe, the time when Muslims were ruling is described as the Cardle of Europian Civilization. This is a quote Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1770-1881), German Philosopher "Science and knowledge, especially that of philosophy, came from the Arabs into the west" . another from Victor Robinson (1886-1947) Author, Physician, and Medical Journalist “Europe was darkened at sunset, Cordoba shone with public lamps; Europe was dirty, Cordoba built a thousand baths; Europe was covered with vermin, Cordoba changed its undergarments daily; Europe lay in mud, Cordobas streets were paved; Europe’s palaces had smoke- holes in the ceiling, Cordoba's arabesques were exquisite; Europe's nobility could not sign its name, Cordoba's children went to school; Europe’s monks could not read the baptismal service, Cordoba's teachers created a library of Alexandrian dimensions.”. Another quote from Georg
Your problem is that either you are not trying or you do not want to understand history, and you think the current civilization is the beginning of human kind and that others did not contribute to the current rise and development.

If anybody has booked a holiday in Turkey and they are going to cancel it , then pm me and I'll buy it off you.
I've just come back and I absolutely love the place. I feel safer there than in Piccadilly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.