Turning right

The one shown highlights the OP's incident.
which shows car 2 is in the wrong. dual carriageway to dual carriageway roundabout, single straight exit for left hand lane only, right exit for left and right lanes. It's all in the roundabout sign picture on page 3 or 4

I don't know about retests, but noticed in the eighties it was all about getting people on the road to increase revenue. It's a shambles out there, you've only have to look at bus lanes, people shit themselves and give them a wide berth, when they are not active.
Shush. I love driving down an empty bus lane outside of the hours they operate. Don’t tell everyone! :)

It really needs road markings in my opinion. Unfortunately people will use both lanes as most will be going that way you would expect with it being the A299 before and after the roundabout. It was built in the last 10 years so possibly a bypass to relieve local traffic. That said, like you say, even if you did use the left lane incorrectly, anyone using the right lane should stick to the right lane on the roundabout AND exit into the right lane before attempting to move into the left lane after the junction.
the left can turn right here though. The only restriction on the left lane is they can't do a 360 degree move.

which shows car 2 is in the wrong. dual carriageway to dual carriageway roundabout, single straight exit for left hand lane only, right exit for left and right lanes. It's all in the roundabout sign picture on page 3 or 4
Car 2 enters the roundabout in the right hand lane, exits the right turn in the left lane (legally entitled to do) How is car 2 (the OP) in the wrong?

It really needs road markings in my opinion. Unfortunately people will use both lanes as most will be going that way you would expect with it being the A299 before and after the roundabout. It was built in the last 10 years so possibly a bypass to relieve local traffic. That said, like you say, even if you did use the left lane incorrectly, anyone using the right lane should stick to the right lane on the roundabout AND exit into the right lane before attempting to move into the left lane after the junction.
road marks should be on every roundabout and maintained as well as some of them are in a poor state. Some are impossible to see in rain

333,000 road traffic accidents in the UK every year.

I can see why.

the left can turn right here though. The only restriction on the left lane is they can't do a 360 degree move.
They aren't supposed to use the left lane here, in the absence of signage or road markings instructing otherwise they should default to the highway code instructions of left lane for left turns (and going straight ahead) and right lane for (right turns and u-turns).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.