TV Series

Gelsons Dad said:
The Pope said:
Gelsons Dad said:
I've been watching it and was intrigued at first but I'm beginning to realise it's just another version of lost.

Its nothing like Lost, except that there's a mystery and Damon Lindlelof makes it!

Well this is where we differ in opinion. The reason I think it's like lost is that there isn't a mystery. It's not going to end with an explanation of why people disappeared. That is just the pretext to allow otherwise fanciful behaviour. It's an examination of different characters against the backdrop of an unexplainable circumstance. This is exactly what lost was.

I see your point, but it doesnt mean its not a mystery just cos its not explained to your liking. Sub plots, great acting and intertwining character stories are other reasons that the viewer will enjoy.

Gelsons Dad said:
And out of interest the small percentage of population that disappeared is lower than really died of spanish flu. The world didn't go fucking bonkers over that even though there was no known reason for it at the time.

Ahh, but they died and left dead bodies to prove it, they didnt just pop out of existance!

Anyway you like what you like but I suggest you check the rest of the episodes out theres some great back stories going on. The one with Christopher Eccleston's character front and center was particularly compelling.
I think ep 7 is shown tonight on HBO.

Gelsons Dad said:
The Pope said:
Gelsons Dad said:
I've been watching it and was intrigued at first but I'm beginning to realise it's just another version of lost.

Its nothing like Lost, except that there's a mystery and Damon Lindlelof makes it!

Well this is where we differ in opinion. The reason I think it's like lost is that there isn't a mystery. It's not going to end with an explanation of why people disappeared. That is just the pretext to allow otherwise fanciful behaviour. It's an examination of different characters against the backdrop of an unexplainable circumstance. This is exactly what lost was.

And out of interest the small percentage of population that disappeared is lower than really died of spanish flu. The world didn't go fucking bonkers over that even though there was no known reason for it at the time.

I think there were around 30/40 million who died of the Spanish flu. In the tv series Leftovers they say 1 in 50 people vanished that is around 140 million people who vanished just saying ;)

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Just finished watching the Killing, hadnt seen any of it before, but caught it all on Netflix, the US version, really enjoyed it, quite moody and dark, well acted and decent script.

They pissed me off when they split the Rosie Larson case into 2 seasons, but season 3 was excellent in its own right. We are about halfway through season 4 and I think this one has been just as good as season 3 so far.

TFC said:
Just finished watching the Killing, hadnt seen any of it before, but caught it all on Netflix, the US version, really enjoyed it, quite moody and dark, well acted and decent script.

They pissed me off when they split the Rosie Larson case into 2 seasons, but season 3 was excellent in its own right. We are about halfway through season 4 and I think this one has been just as good as season 3 so far.

That didnt bother me, i actually liked it something a bit different, rather than it being a rushed ending and it made me want to watch the next series all the more. I guess as i watched it all in one go, it wasnt too bad, if i'd have had to wait a year to find out i might have felt differently i suppose.

Only 6 episodes in the last series.

waspish said:
Gelsons Dad said:
The Pope said:

I think there were around 30/40 million who died of the Spanish flu. In the tv series Leftovers they say 1 in 50 people vanished that is around 140 million people who vanished just saying ;)

They said 2% in one of the background News casts.Spanish flu was 3 to 5%.

TFC said:

That didnt bother me, i actually liked it something a bit different, rather than it being a rushed ending and it made me want to watch the next series all the more. I guess as i watched it all in one go, it wasnt too bad, if i'd have had to wait a year to find out i might have felt differently i suppose.

Only 6 episodes in the last series.

:D thats the reason on the swede right there blue, we watched them on AMC as they came out and were proper pissed off that we had to wait a year to find out what happened next.

Just finished season1 a few weeks back gonna crack on with season2 soon

blumoon said:
Is Penny Dreadful worth watching ?

It was ok but then there was a completely unnecessary scene where Josh Hartnett gets bummed by Dorian Grey. It put me right off my tater hash.

stony said:
blumoon said:
Is Penny Dreadful worth watching ?

It was ok but then there was a completely unnecessary scene where Josh Hartnett gets bummed by Dorian Grey. It put me right off my tater hash.

Yup I quite agree.

Why did they do that?

They did the same thing with first blood and I haven't watched that since either.

I do not want to see blokes shagging I want to see girls shagging is it too much to ask?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.