TV Series

Two Gun Bob

Life is a web spun of ghosts dreams and illusions.
Started watching the Roman Empire the other day on Netflix and couldn't put it down, it's a television docudrama based on historical events of the Roman Empire in anthology format with each season presenting an independent story of the era.

Season 1 reign of blood is a six-parter about Emperor Commodus and after smashing through every episode non stop I marched straight on through the night to series 2 of Julius Caesar's reign and what a guy with a sharp gladius he turned out to be. It's not the place to insert spoilers but safe to say there were some right back stabbing bar-stewards doing the rounds and as for that Brrutus I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

The docudrama is interspersed with snippets and analogies from esteemed historians and professors of history trying to inject a little context into the action of the day and all explained and dissected magnificently for my GCSE level brain. If ever I maKe it to Mastermind I now know what my specialized subject would be. I cant believe that's where the metaphor Crossing The Rubicon came from and there's no turning back: The Die Is Cast!

Finally series three which I haven't watched yet is based around the antics of Caligula who had quite an eye for the ladies.

Here is a devoid from waffle review communicating the subject matter more eloquently than ever I could.

Series 1 trailer Commodus

Series 2 Trailer Julius Caesar

Series 3 trailer Caligula

And finally I announce with pride that I completed Ryse Son Of Rome in the difficult Centurion setting making piecemeal of my Away Trip to York. Maybe like mother said I was destined for greater things. Strenth and Honour !

Last edited:

Centurions

War of the worlds watched season one was ok it kept me interested.. starting season two later

Didn't even know there was a series 2 out so cheers for that, season 1 was not bad at all with the added benefit of the absolutely lovely Daisy Edgar-Jones as well. There's a series 3 planned too.

Centurions

Few new shows coming up..

Fantasy Island

Mr Corman

Nine Perfect Strangers

Chapelwaite

Only murders in the building

American Rust

Y: The Last Man

Foundation

La Brea

Invasion

Shrink Next Door

The Wheel of Time

House of Dragon

I'm looking forward to Foundation as I was raised on Asimov, Y: The Last Man looks interesting too.

Summerbuzz

Aug 9.

Co-created by Taiki Watititi (Hunt For The Wilderpeople, What We Do In The Shadows, Flight Of The Concords etc).

waspish

I'm looking forward to Foundation as I was raised on Asimov, Y: The Last Man looks interesting too.

Am looking forward to La Brea it reminds me of a cartoon when I was kid where they go through whirlpool into a prehistoric period..

RandomJ

Watched the latest Grand Tour special. Not as good as the last two specials but they had their hands tied with what they could do thanks to Covid so can't really criticise them for that.

Saddleworth2

Started watching the Roman Empire the other day on Netflix and couldn't put it down, it's a television docudrama based on historical events of the Roman Empire in anthology format with each season presenting an independent story of the era.

Season 1 reign of blood is a six-parter about Emperor Commodus and after smashing through every episode non stop I marched straight on through the night to series 2 of Julius Caesar's reign and what a guy with a sharp gladius he turned out to be. It's not the place to insert spoilers but safe to say there were some right back stabbing bar-stewards doing the rounds and as for that Brrutus I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

The docudrama is interspersed with snippets and analogies from esteemed historians and professors of history trying to inject a little context into the action of the day and all explained and dissected magnificently for my GCSE level brain. If ever I maKe it to Mastermind I now know what my specialized subject would be. I cant believe that's where the metaphor Crossing The Rubicon came from and there's no turning back: The Die Is Cast!

Finally series three which I haven't watched yet is based around the antics of Caligula who had quite an eye for the ladies.

Here is a devoid from waffle review communicating the subject matter more eloquently than ever I could.

Series 1 trailer Commodus

Series 2 Trailer Julius Caesar

Series 3 trailer Caligula

And finally I announce with pride that I completed Ryse Son Of Rome in the difficult Centurion setting making piecemeal of my Away Trip to York. Maybe like mother said I was destined for greater things. Strenth and Honour !

If you like that, get hold of I Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves. Stunning historical novels. The BBC series I Claudius wasn't half bad either with Derek Jacobi and John Hurt.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.