TV Series

I’m about to start it but I’ve heard that different perspectives can be taken by watching the episodes in various orders (by design) .

which order would you watch it in.
From reading the Kaleidoscope thread on here and various bits on t'internet, the general consensus from those that have completed it are:

1. Yellow
2. Green
3. Blue
4. Orange
5. Violet
6. Red
7. Pink
8. White

Unless told otherwise, that's how I am planning to view the episodes.

Though constrained by rights issues it is more faithful to tolkien than Peter Jackson butchery of the books, (which both Christopher Tolkien and the society don't approve of)
If you liked the the films and and are going to compare it to them or game of thrones then you probably will find it hard to watch, if you want a complex complete fantasy tale then you will enjoy the storytelling though paced to last
No it isn't. Jackson's adaption undoubtedly took liberties, but as someone who's a Tolkien fanboy, Rings of Power is an embarrassment.

The rights issue is a convenient excuse and would be a valid argument if they hadn't completely butchered canon that they do have rights to.

A few quick examples:

Gandalf SHOULD NOT be in Middle Earth at this point.

They've completely changed most of what Tolkien wrote about Numenor.

Galadriel and Celeborn's relationship.

Last but not least, they've decided to completely change the timeline of when, who and how the Rings of Power were forged.

I’m about to start it but I’ve heard that different perspectives can be taken by watching the episodes in various orders (by design) . .
Needless to say, this is not something that I’m used to so I must ask, which episode order did you watch it in and, if you were to watch it again, with the benefit of hindsight, which order would you watch it in.

Thanks in advance.
Hi mate,

I watched the m in the default Netflix order - white was last.

If I was to watch them again I'd do the same order. I liked that the story time skipped quite a bit, revealing parts as it went. Some people chose to watch it chronologically; I think that would take something away from it.

Really enjoyed it.

Anyone watching "Willow "?
Half way through episode 2 but don't think I will get to the end, load of crap.
Yeah. It’s watchable without being brilliant.

Some odd production choices: “I’m going to kick your ass”, isn’t very fantasy and great song though it is, “Enter Sandman” at the end of Episode 3, whilst suiting the scene, is an odd choice for a fantasy show. But I suppose we’re not meant to take it too seriously.

Yeah. It’s watchable without being brilliant.

Some odd production choices: “I’m going to kick your ass”, isn’t very fantasy and great song though it is, “Enter Sandman” at the end of Episode 3, whilst suiting the scene, is an odd choice for a fantasy show. But I suppose we’re not meant to take it too seriously.
The film was OK but this series in my opinion is crap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.