TV Series

I posted on the kaleidoscope thread that the writer says starting with the pink episode first gives you a different perspective on one of the main characters!

Not started watching it yet am still thinking which episode to start first because there is so many combinations!!

I haven't seen that thread, will check it out! 40,000 combinations apparently.

Yes, I binged this last week. Its entertaining enough, but I think its trying to be too clever for its own good. Realistically you could watch any show in a random order and piece it together, so I'm not sure it's intention actually works? Especially given they recommend viewers watches ''White'' as the definitive final episode.

Having said that, it's got a good cast and I enjoyed it. Just don't think it benefitted from the random order, aside from gaining additional publicity, in which case, job done I suppose.

I don't really see how it's clever at all. A clever series could achieve what it's trying to do in a typical sequential order. You build characters, you flashback, you jump forwards etc. You can have a character come across like a complete twat and then flashback to unravel something which provides context and changes your opinion of them. This is trying to pretend it's clever but ultimately you watch the actual heist at the end and before that you just have a look at different individual elements before and after it. It's basically like any story, but rather than create a plot that hooks you and creates red herrings/cliffhangers they've just told us to watch it however we want to do that for them!

Just to add - I'll still watch it and enjoy it though I'm sure!

I’ve always liked Alan Cumming. He seems to ‘disappear’ into a role and, as an actor, is quite under rated I think.

I’m off to Amazon now to see if Miriam’s book is on Kindle. Tell Mrs S thank you. I like to get a real person’s opinion rather than rely on the anonymous reviews.

EDIT: @Saddleworth2 it’s on Special offer on Kindle for a limited period so thank Mrs S again. 99p! :-)
@Saddleworth2 I've now read the book and it is excellent, thought provoking in parts and hilarious in other parts.

It definitely helped my enjoyment when she gave her (scathing) opinion of Liar Johnson!!
So Mrs S thank you once more.

For anybody that has watched kaleidoscope, would you say it is any way similar to either, Squid game or Money Heist? It seems to be getting similar hype. That's why I ask.

I don't really see how it's clever at all. A clever series could achieve what it's trying to do in a typical sequential order. You build characters, you flashback, you jump forwards etc. You can have a character come across like a complete twat and then flashback to unravel something which provides context and changes your opinion of them. This is trying to pretend it's clever but ultimately you watch the actual heist at the end and before that you just have a look at different individual elements before and after it. It's basically like any story, but rather than create a plot that hooks you and creates red herrings/cliffhangers they've just told us to watch it however we want to do that for them!

Just to add - I'll still watch it and enjoy it though I'm sure!

If it’s done in the right way, it could be really clever to be fair and couldn’t be done sequentially. I really like the idea of it, not got around to watching it yet.

Anyone watched any of this Kaleidoscope on Netflix? A heist series where you can watch any episode in any order - which would be groundbreaking but is far harder than allowing the netflix "continue watching" function to do its job! Also seems completely pointless as they're therefore clearly abandoning any twists between episodes or any cliffhangers that would make you want to watch the next one. Strange idea really, especially when, in gifting viewers that choice, it requires more effort than just sitting back and letting the TV do its thing.
Finished it last night. Enjoyed it. Worth a watch for sure.
Then watched the first episode of Designated Survivor. Could have legs...

Watched four episodes of the rig. Should have stopped after three. Won't be watching the last two.
I watched the first episode, load of bollocks. Being a pedant I picked up on the following:-

Someone (woman in stupid glasses) telling the OIM he works for her and should follow her instructions. I don't think so!!
Everyone outside the accommodation without safety glasses, been mandatory for more that 30 years to wear them.
Going outside the control room in to the the production module in a pair of pants and a shirt, no way!!
The old miserable twat that argues and acts like a dick, he would be beached after 2 days.
Wearing boots and overalls in the recreation room/accommodation, not likely.
Random people in the sick bay when the medic is treating a casualty and knocking over things because he is upset, Impossible!!
Arguing about the cost of shutting down production because of a safety issue, this is 2023 not 1970!
Liquid carry over to the flare tip?? Time for a new flare!!
Dense fog and no fog horns blaring away?

There were others but you gt the drift!!

apart from that..... not for me thanks!!

I watched the first episode, load of bollocks. Being a pedant I picked up on the following:-

Someone (woman in stupid glasses) telling the OIM he works for her and should follow her instructions. I don't think so!!
Everyone outside the accommodation without safety glasses, been mandatory for more that 30 years to wear them.
Going outside the control room in to the the production module in a pair of pants and a shirt, no way!!
The old miserable twat that argues and acts like a dick, he would be beached after 2 days.
Wearing boots and overalls in the recreation room/accommodation, not likely.
Random people in the sick bay when the medic is treating a casualty and knocking over things because he is upset, Impossible!!
Arguing about the cost of shutting down production because of a safety issue, this is 2023 not 1970!
Liquid carry over to the flare tip?? Time for a new flare!!
Dense fog and no fog horns blaring away?

There were others but you gt the drift!!

apart from that..... not for me thanks!!
Leave her alone. She's a Canook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.