TV Series

Catching up with some TV this week just binge watched The English. The leads are terrific with many British and Irish actors too. Toby Jones, he can do Detectorists, Jurassic World, Harry Potter, The Must, then perfect accent for this!

The photography was great, fully appreciated on a bigger screen and haunting music.

Also got round to starting Our Friends in the North. Only watched the first two episodes so far but what a superstar cast! I wondered how Eccleston and Craig would do Geordie accents, nailed it! Mark Strong singing though... still he was supposed to be a crap singer.

Love Malcolm McDowell, shame he's a plastic dipper. Think to do the series justice, I'll watch it one episode at a time...

Just started watching ‘Mo’.
It’s a Netflix show v comedy series about a Palestinian guy living illegally in the USA.
It’s feel good tv, a very watered down version of real life but IMO it’s fine entertainment - you see a slightly different slant on US life and you get to smile some.

Definitely not cutting edge tv but quite tasty as bubblegum goes and it’s a desert pudding of ‘gruesome’ detox between episodes of the scary gritty stuff - helps ward off ptsd etc.

How’d you find it?

Those that have seen Kaleidoscope, SHOULD White definitely be left till last?

I watched in chronological order so far. First 5 all worked well. Got to Red, which jumps after the heist and none of it made any sense, I'm all over the place. Now really tempted to just keep going in chronological order, white red pink for the last 3.
I'm on the 5th episode. Erm, for those that have watched the entire thing, does it get any less corny?

Those that have seen Kaleidoscope, SHOULD White definitely be left till last?

I watched in chronological order so far. First 5 all worked well. Got to Red, which jumps after the heist and none of it made any sense, I'm all over the place. Now really tempted to just keep going in chronological order, white red pink for the last 3.
I read you can really watch it any order, but it sounds like that’s not really the case from what people are saying.

I'm on the 5th episode. Erm, for those that have watched the entire thing, does it get any less corny?

It does not.

The backstory episodes are the best. All 2 of them. The heist preparation episodes, bloody hell, we get it. Bob's a dick, Leo is clever, the safe is really really difficult to get into. Give us a 39 second montage and skip 2 whole episodes at least.

But I have indeed embraced the cornyness

I read you can really watch it any order, but it sounds like that’s not really the case from what people are saying.

Any order as long as white is last, apparently. But nobody that had watched it all the way through has said that. I'll let you know when I finish it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.