TV Series

Even Jimmy!?

Haha fair point mate.
On reflection maybe less so with Jimmy.
You’re right inasmuch as he certainly wasn’t a tw@t, quite affable really, but he also wasn’t the brightest and kinda came across as the ranch gimp.
I felt sorry for the lad more than anything but, like I said, I’ll give it another go.

The Patient.
Was OK, but not great.
Thought the actor who played Sam was very good though.
Just realised he is Brendan Gleeson's son, and that he was in Ex Machina (which I saw a few years ago).
I really like him, he is good.

Last edited:
If you just want to switch off (no pun intended) and have a relaxed watch without engaging brain; Brokenwood, set in NZ and a detective sort of series but some amusing scenes in it.

I confess also that I love The Last Leg. Last night with David Tennant made me laugh out loud a few times and that doesn't happen often these days at TV programmes these days.
Last leg is one of my fav friday night shows , that and gogglebox , watch both on sat evenings when there is nowt on most of the time

New show from Korea called the Island

Won Mi Ho's arrogant and selfish attitude causes her father banishing her to Jeju island. Unbeknownst to her, the island is where evil roams free.

Finally finished the last season of Better Call Saul just last night, and yes, I do admit that I now see what all the fuss is about. In a previous post I expressed some impatience about the slow pacing of the previous seasons, but actually it all comes home in season 6 and you see that that pacing was necessary, to allow you to really soak up Jimmy, Kim, Gus, Mike and the Salamanca tribe. You look back at the long journey from Jimmy, the loveable card sharper always in the shadow of his brilliant brother, to Saul, where he really becomes an arsehole basically, and then his afterlife in Nebraska, where he's just marking empty time.
Perhaps in the middle of it all, the saddest story is Nacho's. He in any case is the one I felt saddest about.
I was glad that at the very end Jimmy does the right thing so that Kim doesn't have to spend the rest of her life paying for his stupidity (and her admitted complicity in it).
You can't completely hate Jimmy. You just can't, somehow. At the end of Breaking Bad, I hated Walter, as I think everyone does. He has turned into an unrecognisable monster. Even as Saul, Jimmy never turns into a monster. An arsehole, yes. But not a monster.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.