TV Series

It's funny how TV shows are rated and it's getting increasingly difficult the more TV shows that are made.
I was thinking abnoiut this earlier.

I don't think I can rate a top 5 or 10 anymore....so many contenders but they're all different in their own ways so perhaps I need a Venn diagram vibe instead.

For example, Mad Men always hovers at the top but so does the first True Detective, Mindhunter, Wire and Sopranos.
But then you have Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and Ozark which pipe in more humour and extravagant and outlandish set pieces.
And I've just finished The Boys (Season 3) and can't recall a time I've had so much fun watching a TV show.

Utterly fucked up satire but so much joy - any fans on here?

It's funny how TV shows are rated and it's getting increasingly difficult the more TV shows that are made.
I was thinking abnoiut this earlier.

I don't think I can rate a top 5 or 10 anymore....so many contenders but they're all different in their own ways so perhaps I need a Venn diagram vibe instead.

For example, Mad Men always hovers at the top but so does the first True Detective, Mindhunter, Wire and Sopranos.
But then you have Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and Ozark which pipe in more humour and extravagant and outlandish set pieces.
And I've just finished The Boys (Season 3) and can't recall a time I've had so much fun watching a TV show.

Utterly fucked up satire but so much joy - any fans on here?

Loved The Boys, and agree with your point there too. Never really felt a need to rank tv shows, I just enjoy them or I don’t. Which one I’d rather watch is then based on my mood at any particular time.

Seems to be the thing nowadays that everything has to be ranked. Comparing footballers that play in completely different positions drives me mad too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.