TV Series

Imo there is ambiguity and also no ambiguity.

Tony gets shot and also doesn't get shot.
In David Chase mind there is no ambiguity although that is what he created for the viewer. He did a number of lectures a couple of years after the last episode was broadcast. He revealed it was always the intention for Tony to die and that the cut to black is what Tony experienced in death. I think that whole last scene is a work of absolute genius and the perfect way to end what in my view is the finest TV ever broadcast. There are a bunch of articles and I think you tube which explain the scene almost shot by shot. I must have watched the series right through five or six times and still find new stuff to admire. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much too.

In David Chase mind there is no ambiguity although that is what he created for the viewer. He did a number of lectures a couple of years after the last episode was broadcast. He revealed it was always the intention for Tony to die and that the cut to black is what Tony experienced in death. I think that whole last scene is a work of absolute genius and the perfect way to end what in my view is the finest TV ever broadcast. There are a bunch of articles and I think you tube which explain the scene almost shot by shot. I must have watched the series right through five or six times and still find new stuff to admire. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much too.
I too have watched The Sopranos a good few times...it's great...few things still irk me though...which keeps it out of my all time top 3 list.

* Kevin fkin Finnerty episodes...
* Vito appears as two different characters.
* Johnny boys ex girlfriend turning up...
* Massive G...or whatever he's called.
Those episodes I skip.
Its a shame that the writers of ' Many Saints of Newark' clearly struggled with some chracter and continuity issues.

Just started watching Kim's Convenience as a bit of background noise, but have been pleasantly surprised. It's actually quite funny.

Having watched the entire Yellowstone franchise I would rate it as:
Yellowstone - all series 7ish best thing about it - Beth.
1883 - 6 - the young lead was the best thing about it - reminded me of a young Jennifer Lawrence
1923 - 1 - it made a snail look pacy. Badly written and acted. Time to hang up the light sabre Harrison.
Agree with your order but maybe your scoring was a tad harsh on 1923, it‘s watchable rubbish, it was comic book like , the explorer character could‘ve been in ‘Ripping Yarns’ i only stuck with it for some background on YS so probably a 4.
1883 however I would give a 7, and yes she reminded me of JL too.

Not really a series as such, but just watched the first of the Wes Anderson shorts on Netflix, "The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar". I suspect as with most (all?) of his films, these will fall into the marmite category. Personally I'm a big fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.