TV Series

Just downloaded the 4 seasons of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea (1964-68)

tumblr_pawmdv2hvl1sqf5tdo7_400.gif
Tribute song from very obscure Manchester punk musician:

Bit of context:

Used to love that series when I was a kid.

Just finished the long shadow. Really enjoyed it and some excellent acting and so
Many famous people in it. I’m not old enough to remember the ripper but my god the police were so incompetent it’s crazy how he got away with it for so long.

Watched all 7 episodes in 24 hours, so must of enjoyed it.

He would have been caught through the very system that was brought in because of the Ripper case. The HOLMES computer system that replaced the index cards and cross filing system that got overwhelmed with the scale of it. There was ample chance to identify Sutcliffe as he was in the system numerous times but the scale of it meant he went undetected. Plus the stubborn attitudes and the blind allegiance to Oldfield
I thought they actually tried to show the size, scale and complexity of the operation pretty well and pretty fairly. 40 years on it's hard, if not impossible, for people brought up in todays 'push of a button' technology to appreciate how difficult and time consuming that was and the manpower it needed.

Just finished the long shadow. Really enjoyed it and some excellent acting and so
Many famous people in it. I’m not old enough to remember the ripper but my god the police were so incompetent it’s crazy how he got away with it for so long.

Watched all 7 episodes in 24 hours, so must of enjoyed it.
When you think everything was on paper so nothing to connect the dots , no dna, i am amazed they caught him at all

I thought they actually tried to show the size, scale and complexity of the operation pretty well and pretty fairly. 40 years on it's hard, if not impossible, for people brought up in todays 'push of a button' technology to appreciate how difficult and time consuming that was and the manpower it needed.
They didnt link up the info they had and they then threw all their eggs into the Weirside basket because by then they were desperate, and burned out. Their reasons for doing so were very flawed, they thought that the bloke on the tape had info that only the ripper would know. That was bollocks though, there had been stuff in the press that subsequent senior detectives did not know had been released.

There was some incredible detective work that went to waste amongst the shit. The line of enquiry around the wheel axis and the tyres was excellent and narrowed Sutcliffe right down, he was in that shortlist. The bank note enquiry, chasing the source of the £5 note, was genius. That would have had him too, particularly when they realised he was on both that list and the tyres one.

All that work stopped though with the tapes hoax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.