two deals in process

For me it would be Cordoba who is arriving. He would be a suitable replacement when Toure is unavailable.

The other is likely to be a striker to partner Adebayor. Most likely Pazzini.

Robinho is probably departing.

Tez Tosterone said:
For me it would be Cordoba who is arriving. He would be a suitable replacement when Toure is unavailable.

RAG

vans0531 said:
Tez Tosterone said:

RAG
Er no.

A City fan since 1956, actually.

bizzbo said:
really interesting take on things. it is a conundrum indeed. I can see SWP or zab doing it on the right. I think he'll tweak it quite a lot before he settles. Zanetti was a once in a lifetime wingback/midfielder, maybe he built that system around him.

have to say tho I think he's hit upon something great in the last two matches... the ability to switch from the 4-X-X-1 to the 4-4-2. (The latter is probably the best way to dictate the tempo away from home, very important if we are looking for wins). It would be great to see us comfortable in a couple of systems.

I dont think SWP could perform the role really. As you said Zanetti was a once in a lifetime player (thats why i mentioned him specifically to highlight the type of player were talking about, I remember Argentina a while back playing a 3-1-3-1-2 which was effectively a 4-1-3-1-3 Zanetti was that good!). In the Inter system, the wing back/midfielder has to effectively provide width AND fill in as second defensive midfielder and although SWP will work his socks off for you i dont think hed be good enough tackling or aware enough defensively to do that. Barry on the other hand could be very good at it. Remember he, like Zanetti, started off as a top full back at a young age before moving into midfield.

It will be very interesting to see if he does try to implement something like this as a formation because it is a very interesting way of setting up as it attempts to give you the best of all the modern formations.

You have the balance of a wide player on either side that you get from a 4-4-2 plus the benefits of two holding mids with an attacking mid that you get in the 4-3-3/4-5-1 without having to sacrifice one of the strikers. And on top of that you give the defending team an awful headache trying to figure out how to hold their line when one full back is pinned in the corner by the winger and the other is been drawn out to close down the wingback/midfielder.

Damocles said:
Stankovic.

I may have already posted that :s

Would love to see Stankovic here, would provide cover in numerous positions and would be a great player for Stevie Ireland to learn from

yellamcfc said:
Damocles, you continue to suggest Stankovic, could it be that you have some inside info??

No, no. When I have inside stuff, I tend to say that it's inside stuff, I'm speculating.

I just know that Stankovic and Mancini are big mates, and tend to follow each other around. The Inter fans seem to think that he'll come to us, and he's an attacking midfielder/winger. Just a suggestion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.