Two faced city fans

Managed to snag a ticket for Arsenal but it's in the home end. I won't be giving it large or cheering when we score. I ll be sitting on my hands hoping we get a hatful and most around me clear off before the final whistle.

It's my lads first away game and I've warned him that he's not to give us away!!

Large groups and outnumbering like how it sounds is a new thing really? So you can understand the good old establishments crumbling under the pressure of events outside policy and procedures. Needs discussing and resolving I guess.

Really though, it shouldn't be a problem, my sister's a rag and I'll cheer in her face but she never hits me.

Managed to snag a ticket for Arsenal but it's in the home end. I won't be giving it large or cheering when we score. I ll be sitting on my hands hoping we get a hatful and most around me clear off before the final whistle.

It's my lads first away game and I've warned him that he's not to give us away!!
Bloodyell mate, don't you like him? The Emirates is a cauldron! Hope you both have a good one ;)

I'm glad they left them in the South Stand. Made the last minutes beautiful.

Too right. It was magical being in the centre of them as we celebrated.

Away from them being in our end, i've got to say their fans were first class atmosphere wise. Sang non-stop and were very loud. Despite being only 5-6 seats away from 115 in our supposed core singing block, i barely heard anything from our fans all game until the last 5 minutes.

Interesting views expressed by fellow blues here...

111/112 (Kippax Corner)

Quite a number of BM fans (wearing colours) were in our end, and were peaceful/sound lads, I helped guide them through the mess as many tried getting into the away end but were blocked from doing so, so pointed them in the direction of Block 112 concourse, hoping they would be allowed through the steel barrier at the back and into the away section.
Stewards allowed "some" into this area but not all, with many ejected from the stadium.
Still many Germans remained in there, with far too many being on the second tier of the East Stand.

This is in no way BM fans fault.
They were obviously just peaceful football fans wanting to watch a game, and more than likely bought the tickets from either the Club or from us (city fans)

What was dissapointing however was the actions from the absolute vermin who were in the second tier of the away sections.
They regularly threw lighters/coins at us, pelting coins at us, spitting on people (including women and kids)
Constantly using body language (such as slitting throat gestures) whilst looking at us...

Tell me this isn't aggressive behaviour?

Not all BM fans. But in particular the cunts at the front of the second tier of the away block.

All in all they seemed a great bunch of fans who love their football and provided a well choreographed sing-song W/ a drum.
Just the younger lads who probably couldn't handle their beer.

Football is an emotive sport and when your team are losing it hurts.To have someone laughing and gloating in your face at the same time is going to raise the hackles just a little bit...even the most pacifist fan on this thread must agree with that i would think? Now in a perfect world everyone would have a jolly little banter but we all know life isn't like that and one or two might decide to clump someone blatantly winding them up,i am not condoning it but i could understand why. The way football has evolved that was handbags,in the old days it would have been pure carnage trust me.

I have been in loads of away ends and believe me if i would have even jumped up shouting ''Yeeeees get in there!!!!'' when we scored i would have got a slap and probably been evicted.If i was laughing and doing a victory jig in front of the home fans i might just have stopped off at the hospital on my way home.Such is life,like it or lump it.

On a more serious note with the supposed increase in security due to the heightened terrorist threat the ease in which fans in numbers are getting in areas they are not supposed to be in is a recipe for disaster.Inadequate stewarding and policing to deal with the situation makes it even more so.A tad worrying.

At the end of the day - we're going to a football match. Yes, there are implications and certain protocol that is expected, but PLEASE be careful not to sanitise the game too much at the expense of one's own enjoyment. I see many things happen at matches - but I don't want the game or supporters sanitised. The day we do this is the day we sell out to even more restrictions until it will eventually become a pre=conceived once a week outing similar to watching an opera or topical movie.

I find football related violence to be tiresome nonsense

Blank+_6eab25cb1b5e8bd2ec224a4c328b10ae.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.