Two faced city fans

Your first post didn't fool me.

paddy-power-fly-a-fergie-back-banner-over-old-trafford.jpg

I was in the chippy beforehand and there were four Scousers with Gladbach badges asking where the away fans go in. Seemed a bit weird but then scousers normally are.

Reason might be that Pool and Gladbach have a long lasting friendship since the 70s.

Other than that even I as a German find the second of this guys post pathetic. Different countries, different cultures.

I personally prefer the English style as well and thats coming from a Frankfurt fan. Gladbach is not really known for crazy good atmosphere in Germany either and IF (and thats a big if) English fans get their shit together and start singing I prefer it over the repetitive Ultra stuff as well.

Reason might be that Pool and Gladbach have a long lasting friendship since the 70s.

Other than that even I as a German find the second of this guys post pathetic. Different countries, different cultures.

I personally prefer the English style as well and thats coming from a Frankfurt fan. Gladbach is not really known for crazy good atmosphere in Germany either and IF (and thats a big if) English fans get their shit together and start singing I prefer it over the repetitive Ultra stuff as well.
Cheers, that makes sense regarding the scousers.

The visit in your stadium was like a commercial event. The impression that I had was: the perfect fan goes 2 minutes before the game inside, und left this 1 minute after the game, only watch the game quiet and to make it perfect please buy some things in our stores.

I feel no fan culture in your area and at the whole stadium. When in Mönchengladbach the game come to a Event like at your place, I would quit to watch football games. Theres no soul and athmosphere..
You did well with your first post, but not si with this one. You clearly have a different football culture in Germany than here in England, and many of us see it just as manufactured, and its certainly changed in the 25 years since I supported a club over there.

You talk of soulless, but that is what I'd call your stadium, it has no culture around it, with fans having to bussed 5-10 km to and from the stadium from the nearest bars. Its always been the case that fans in England turn up 5 minutes before kick off, this is because we have pubs and bars around the stadium, that are full until 10 minutes before kick off, we can walk from our City centre to the game in 30 minutes, so many are in the City centre until 40 minutes from kick off, where there are a plethora of great places to meet your friends, so that's why we go in late.

After the game people go home, unless its a major event like winning a trophy, or maybe beating our local rivals, when we might celebrate in the stadium, this has always been the case, we also have a fan zone at the back of the stadium where people go to watch match reaction and drink with friends, where there is live music before the game, another reason we don't go to stand and watch the grass grow for 2 hours. We don't have this manufactured shit of players going to your hardcore fans, and sliding on their belly when you win, or all giving it the hand in hand, whooping in front of the fans, that comes from sport in the USA (it didn't use to be like that in Germany either !). We also don't do this "ultra" shit where every song is choreographed like its an audition for some reality TV show, at every match, for the whole game, yes it sounds good, but spontaneous it isn't. We can do the bouncing up and down when we feel its right, and we have.

To many of us, your choreographed style atmosphere is as alien to us, as ours is to you, that sir is what makes our countries different, very different.

On top of that we've been sanitised by our hooligans, and the resulting government and police intervention, we have no standing, no beer, total segregation (normally), and they have forced prices up, as have the PL, because our top level football is the most popular in the world, due to its competitiveness. Unlike Germany we can have clubs like Leicester this year, who can come from nowhere to top the league, and Champions like Chelsea who are battling relegation places currently, unlike your league where 17 teams play for runner up/relegation every year.

As for your jibes about our finances, well to break into the top 4, of say 6 years ago, there was only one way possible, money.

Our "soul" is right where its always been, right in the fabric of the City we're part of, its in the local community, where we contribute greatly to local people, helping provide them with sport opportunities, schools, housing, and charity. I don't know if yours do or not, but I'd wager our contribution to our community is far greater than yours ever is/was.

Another BMG supporter here. I just wanted to share my view on the events with you. We got 3000 tickets from City for this match. A number that we easily reach on a sunday evening league match against an unattractive opponent. Here we are talking of our first CL season ever after playing the equivilent league last time around the 80s. Against one of the top English Teams in the homeland of football. We probably would have bought 10000 Tickets if City had let us. Put us sonewhere in the third floor in our own Blocks and we would have been happy. Atomsphere would have been even better and a lot less trouble. There were enough empty seats. I do not blame City nor BMG Fans. There were plenty of idiots on both sides and even more great guys. It was simply very very Bad organization and lack of knowledge on our side that away and home section are directly adjacent. 98% of us are not looking for trouble and simply want to support our Team.

Regarding how we got the tickets:
Well City did not sell to german addresses and to obviously german people showing up day before the match. But
- To dutch addresses 10 km From Mönchengladbach
- English addresses that never ordered before like the one of my colleague
- Hotels that were asked by their guests to order
Max. 6 Tickets each order so they were passed on to others.

And obviously a lot oft Tickets were sold in viagogo and so on.

General rule: if your home Fans do not fill the Stadium better give the away Team a larger number of Tickets.... They will geht Them anyway but not were you want them to be.

All this aside we still had a great time and met a lot of friendly City supporters. Hope we can come back some time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.