Two minors suspended by club for offensive chanting at Brighton game | 17 year old charged by GMP (p29)

Chanting about Bobby Charlton yesterday was obviously a disgrace, but there will be an awful lot of oldies on here, who in their younger days, have chanted things that we would all now consider unacceptable.
"Town full of munichs" being one that was trotted out every week when we were down among the dead men. We need to educate out younger fans as to what is and isn't acceptable but hold our hands up and admit that we can all make mistakes rather than call for life bans, etc.
Take your point but i didn’t really think there was anything wrong with town full of Munich’s when we were playing teams that were in the middle of nowhere giving us grief about utd and even waring utd shirts. That’s not mocking the tragedy.

Chanting about Bobby Charlton yesterday was obviously a disgrace, but there will be an awful lot of oldies on here, who in their younger days, have chanted things that we would all now consider unacceptable.
"Town full of munichs" being one that was trotted out every week when we were down among the dead men. We need to educate out younger fans as to what is and isn't acceptable but hold our hands up and admit that we can all make mistakes rather than call for life bans, etc.
In a 50000 + crowd you will get all manner of folk from across society, including criminals of every hue and a fair smattering of dick heads. This has ever been the case, and the only difference now is that everything ends up on social media, the new 'crime' of tradgedy chanting, and the desperation of some folk to virtue signal at any opportunity. Hopefully next week passes without incident, but there will be a minority of dicks and of course those ready to feign offence at stupid behaviour.
I personally think the same about sir Bobby as a footballer and a person as I did a week ago.

We've been singing the "jelly and ice cream" song for years. Thousands of impressionable young blues will have heard thousands of older blues singing that song, thousands of times. They will have heard dad's sing it, mum's sing it, brothers, peers, uncle Tom Cobley and all sing it. Drummed into them from an early age, accepted as harmless "bants" without any thought as to the inevitability of it happening.

So, we have a problem here Blues.

If we're calling out and reporting fellow Blues over a couple of misguided Charlton chants, God only knows what will happen when the GPC finally moves on. We'll have more banning orders than SC holders.

We'll have a 1000 page thread with Blue on Blue rows, hand-wringing off the scale, 18-25 group blame, ban hammers, a general shitshow. Older Blues ashamed by the chant, despite the fact they've probably all sang it on every away concourse across the land, as I have..on many an occasion.

There will be totally justified grief across in Trafford, but the grief amongst us Blues will be just as unpleasant.

So, I have a simple question. The next time you hear the "jelly and ice cream" song will you join in?

We've been singing the "jelly and ice cream" song for years. Thousands of impressionable young blues will have heard thousands of older blues singing that song, thousands of times. They will have heard dad's sing it, mum's sing it, brothers, peers, uncle Tom Cobley and all sing it. Drummed into them from an early age, accepted as harmless "bants" without any thought as to the inevitability of it happening.

If we're calling out and reporting fellow Blues over a couple of misguided Charlton chants, God only knows what will happen when the GPC finally moves on. We'll have more banning orders than SC holders.

We'll have a 1000 page thread with Blue on Blue rows, hand-wringing off the scale, 18-25 group blame, ban hammers, a general shitshow. Older Blues ashamed by the chant, despite the fact they've probably all sang it on every away concourse across the land, as I have..on many an occasion.

There will be totally justified grief across in Trafford, but the grief amongst us Blues will be just as unpleasant.

So, I have a simple question. The next time you hear the "jelly and ice cream" song will you join in?
you still hear old pissed cunts sing dig up matt busby at times though very rare,

when the piss can nearly died a few years ago tbf bluemoon was very respectful of his mini coma and I expect the away end to be impecible on Sunday

Why the fuck is the Premier League getting involved with a few dickheads singing on the concourse? That tweet from them suggests it was chanting on a much larger scale.
Did they put tweets out about the scousers singing lizzies in a box ? Or about utd fans singing about the glazers dying? As bad as the songs were it happens at football grounds up and down the country on a weekly basis piss poor from the Premier league.

I think the done thing is to pretend it never happened. I'm sure when the time comes the mods can do a simple search for any threads containing the words bouncy, jelly, ice cream or castle and delete them so we can all make believe together.

I despise the rags and everything they stand for, and although Charlton was one of them and may have been a miserable sod he was still a great player, and one of the Boys of '66.
Time to show some fecking respect, but sadly that's something that seems to be in short supply with some of the youth of today. Let's hope that our fans next Sunday give the man what his playing career deserves. Surely not too much to ask ?
I am certain they will. Another example of City fans being impeccable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.