Two more retail companies look doomed

TGI Fridays have collapsed. 87 stores and around 1500 staff at risk

TGI was all the rage when I was a kid, everyone had birthdays there…but I realised recently that other than the staple orders of a coke float and a dirt and work pie for dessert, I cannot remember anything I ever actually ate there.

Unsurprising. Their food never modernised and was stuck in the 80s. Was always mega expensive for microwaved food.

It’s more surprising they lasted this long.
The mad thing is they were doing the whole cocktail thing before most people wanted cocktails. These days cocktail bars seem to be everywhere yet a business that was in a prime position to capitalise didn’t move with the times and has now been left behind.

I went to one in Swansea once and that was because my preferred bistro Peppermint was closed.

It was average at best. I found no reason to want to go back. The service was quite friendly but that’s it.

Hard Rock Cafe is a chain to go back to.

Went to the original one in Sale not long after it opened. Valet parking was a novelty, great atmosphere and food was really good. Went to the one at Ashton Moss last year, walked out after looking at the prices and seeing some of the food on other tables, no comparison.

Been to one in ashton a few times before home games and everytime it's got worse and more expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.