Two people (34 y/o woman, 11 y/o girl) stabbed in Leicester Square

BBC don’t even mention it so far on 6 o’clock news. It’s now common place.
1st news item barking mad bloke who stabbed and killed people was known to be barking mad by authorities - shocked I am

2nd item it's very hot in Greece and there's some fires - shocked I am

3rd item man stabs women and child in Leicester square which according to reporter Attracts a lot of tourists - shocked I am

Everyday is a school day.

Like so many things Tory it is gaslighting or 1984 Newspeak... "Care in the Community".

Another thing to thank Thatcher for, alongside Privatisation and selling off all the Council Housing
Not sure of the facts but a sensible fireman told me Thatcher built more council housing per year than Tony Blair did during his full term .

1st news item barking mad bloke who stabbed and killed people was known to be barking mad by authorities - shocked I am

2nd item it's very hot in Greece and there's some fires - shocked I am

3rd item man stabs women and child in Leicester square which according to reporter Attracts a lot of tourists - shocked I am

Everyday is a school day.
School days, the best days of your life. That's what it said on bag you got your school photo in so it must be true.

Not sure of the facts but a sensible fireman told me Thatcher built more council housing per year than Tony Blair did during his full term .
If he was talking specifically about council-built accommodation that may be correct.

However, that is semantics, you need to also consider the homes built and managed by housing associations. These 'social landlords' provide affordable housing to those on low incomes, and were responsible for an increasing proportion of social house building from the early 1990s onwards.

Between 1997 and 2010, some 350,000 housing association dwellings were built. If we look at both housing association homes and council houses, Labour built more affordable properties in 2009 than the Conservatives did in each year between 1987 and 1990.
per

Also why would Councils build houses when the law requires them to sell them?

It’s hardly surprising most councils are not building many homes at all, given they are obliged to sell them at a discount almost as soon as the paint is dry. Would you spend hundreds of thousands of pounds building a new house to rent out if your tenants could force you to flog it to them for less than it cost to construct, just three years later?

I don't want to derail this thread so please do not reply to this post.

I'm happy to set up a new thread to debate this but didn't want to let your 'sensible' fireman's nonsense go uncorrected when 3 minutes on Google gives the actual facts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.