Txiki Begiristain...

tomhawley said:
Blue Heaven said:
fbloke said:
And for anyone that thinks Jose will be landing amongst senior Barca people who detest him needs to wobble their head.

These moves surely mean that Jose will never manage City?

Absolutely. Or at least not for 10 years, or more. I have a hard time seeing Sheik(h) Mansour hiring Mourinho, given the latter's constant public flirtations with Histrionic Personality Disorder. The club represents Abu Dhabi, their royal family, and maybe more than that. Would Mourinho, brilliant manager that he is, be an acceptable public representative in their eyes?

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am --

tomhawley said:
A 5 year contract as a parting gift. I've heard it all now.

Are some of you in the real world

Tomhawley, I will remember your name. In time, we will see who was correct about this, and who wasn't.

Him getting the sack, unfortunately for you, wont prove that a contract awarded for a term of 5 years was done so only as a gift.

It is that notion that I find ridiculous, not that he might not be here next year.

No problem, as we can simply agree to disagree. Cheers.

Jocks Y-Fronts said:
People get overly impressed with Guardiola. With the quality of the player at hiss disposal he couldn't help but be successful.

Our current crop are not quite in that league - most of them at least.
These posts really piss me off, How come they weren't as successful or playing the type of football before Pep took over then?

Hamann Pineapple said:
Blue Heaven said:
tomhawley said:
A 5 year contract as a parting gift. I've heard it all now.

Are some of you in the real world

Tomhawley, I will remember your name. In time, we will see who was correct about this, and who wasn't.

Have you just been to see " Taken 2 " ?

No, I haven't seen it. How many times has Liam Neeson done and redone what is essentially this same movie over the last five years?!

I second the Guardiola doubters, he was born into the Barcelona footballing culture which goes from 8-year-old kids all the way up to the manager. Tito Vilanova is now in charge of Barcelona and has them 8pts ahead of Madrid and unbeaten, this is his first managerial job too, he also understands the Barca system through and through. I'm not saying Guardiola might not be a huge success, I'd just like to see him manage someone like Milan and see how he does.

Mancini is going nowhere fast anyway and for me that is good news. He deserves a LOT of goodwill IMO for what he has brought us in the last 1 1/2 years and a couple of shocking European exits are not even nearly enough to counteract him winning the FA Cup, Premier League, and 6-1 achievement.

On-topic, Begiristain will be a great appointment. Everyone has wanted him with Spurs pushing hard lately after Chelsea had, but looks like the Soriano effect has made the difference.

I don't get the acquisition of another Barca ex automatically signals the end of Marwood & Mancini. Particularly Mancini, people in the real world don't dish out 5 year contracts on the basis of sacking someone within twelve months. Guardiolas future isn't at City, if it was the club would have come to some arrangement with him and Mancinis contract would have been a lot shorter. Come on guys think it through. Roberto is our manager for a few years yet, a bad result in Amsterdam won't change that.

LoveCity said:
I second the Guardiola doubters, he was born into the Barcelona footballing culture which goes from 8-year-old kids all the way up to the manager. Tito Vilanova is now in charge of Barcelona and has them 8pts ahead of Madrid and unbeaten, this is his first managerial job too, he also understands the Barca system through and through. I'm not saying Guardiola might not be a huge success, I'd just like to see him manage someone like Milan and see how he does.

Mancini is going nowhere fast anyway and for me that is good news. He deserves a LOT of goodwill IMO for what he has brought us in the last 1 1/2 years and a couple of shocking European exits are not even nearly enough to counteract him winning the FA Cup, Premier League, and 6-1 achievement.

On-topic, Begiristain will be a great appointment. Everyone has wanted him with Spurs pushing hard lately after Chelsea had, but looks like the Soriano effect has made the difference.

Good post LC

So we get rid of Mancini and start again. One defeat and it's fucking armageddon amongst city fans.

I just don't get it. From Wycombe to the Bernabau. That is all I think about.

Txiki Begiristain played with Barcelona alongside Guardiola as part of the dream team, I cannot see how Guardiola won't be linked with us now we are obtaining the ex Barca CEO and co..

It all depens if Mancini can retain the title.

jollylescott said:
glen quagmire said:
The only thing from barca i'd want is MESSI.

I'd take Cesc at a pinch plus a couple of others. I strongly believe that these are very powerful changes behind the scenes and to me all positive.

If it involves spending plenty of money of quality players in the transfer window and winning Champions League games then it's good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.