Txiki Begiristain...

LoveCity said:
I second the Guardiola doubters, he was born into the Barcelona footballing culture which goes from 8-year-old kids all the way up to the manager. Tito Vilanova is now in charge of Barcelona and has them 8pts ahead of Madrid and unbeaten, this is his first managerial job too, he also understands the Barca system through and through. I'm not saying Guardiola might not be a huge success, I'd just like to see him manage someone like Milan and see how he does.

Mancini is going nowhere fast anyway and for me that is good news. He deserves a LOT of goodwill IMO for what he has brought us in the last 1 1/2 years and a couple of shocking European exits are not even nearly enough to counteract him winning the FA Cup, Premier League, and 6-1 achievement.

On-topic, Begiristain will be a great appointment. Everyone has wanted him with Spurs pushing hard lately after Chelsea had, but looks like the Soriano effect has made the difference.

Spurs actually told him to piss off after he tried for a while to get in there.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Jocks Y-Fronts said:
People get overly impressed with Guardiola. With the quality of the player at hiss disposal he couldn't help but be successful.

Our current crop are not quite in that league - most of them at least.
These posts really piss me off, How come they weren't as successful or playing the type of football before Pep took over then?
Actually, the Barca you see now was created by Rijkaard. Messi on the right, E'too in the middle & Ronaldinho on the left & Henry covering all front three positions. Along with the signings of Deco, Yaya, Marquez & the promotion of Xavi, Puyol, Valdes & Iniesta they were the foundation of the Barca we see today.

For me, Guardiola completed what Rijkaard started & during his first two years he took Barca to another level, but I don't think its right to claim that the modern Barca team started with Pep.

Dribble said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Jocks Y-Fronts said:
People get overly impressed with Guardiola. With the quality of the player at hiss disposal he couldn't help but be successful.

Our current crop are not quite in that league - most of them at least.
These posts really piss me off, How come they weren't as successful or playing the type of football before Pep took over then?
Actually, the Barca you see now was created by Rijkaard. Messi on the right, E'too in the middle & Ronaldinho on the left & Henry covering all front three positions. Along with the signings of Deco, Yaya, Marquez & the promotion of Xavi, Puyol, Valdes & Iniesta they were the foundation of the Barca we see today.

For me, Guardiola completed what Rijkaard started & during his first two years he took Barca to another level, but I don't think its right to claim that the modern Barca team started with Pep.
Did you read Hunter's book?

bapi said:
Dribble said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Did you read Hunter's book?

Who, the slap-head scotch bloke?

I can see this all tying in with the building of the new training complex and producing some great players ala Barcelona

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
I see another Daily Star exclusive has got everyone reaching for the "Sack Marwood" button.

If Begiristain comes in then Mancini will be gone within months I reckon. Roberto has been looking for more power behind the scenes and the appointment of Soriana and Begiristain would diminish his power base significantly.

I'm not convinced that Pep would come although it's not impossible. I just really hope that Jurgen Klopp is on the club's radar. He's the man.

Forget Klopp, he has recently stated he is never leaving German football.

As for Pep, a lot of dots could easily be joined up. It was Soriano who gave Pep the Barca job.

We are building a £100m academy run along Barca lines.

It seems we are recruiting former members of staff. I always thought Chelsea would appeal to him but...
Why would he? Bundesliga will be the number one league in the world in ten years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.