Txiki Begiristain...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BillyShears said:
I see another Daily Star exclusive has got everyone reaching for the "Sack Marwood" button.

If Begiristain comes in then Mancini will be gone within months I reckon. Roberto has been looking for more power behind the scenes and the appointment of Soriana and Begiristain would diminish his power base significantly.

I'm not convinced that Pep would come although it's not impossible. I just really hope that Jurgen Klopp is on the club's radar. He's the man.

Forget Klopp, he has recently stated he is never leaving German football.

As for Pep, a lot of dots could easily be joined up. It was Soriano who gave Pep the Barca job.

We are building a £100m academy run along Barca lines.

It seems we are recruiting former members of staff. I always thought Chelsea would appeal to him but...

Barcelona are already pissed off with us tempting their young academy talent. I imagine the moves for these 'technical' staff is all about youth development and the new academy rather than an immediate move for Pep or A N Other.

Well, it's Marwood first, followed by Mancini, probably at the end of the season. The contract was a parting gift - Mancini won't get anywhere near the 28 million left on it, but it is substantial enough for him to walk away with 10 million, as a severance. And now we understand that this was one of several reasons why ownership was not willing to go all out and spend vast sums of money this summer. Nevertheless, The Pep will not have available to him (at least initially) the same extent of transfer kitty backing that Mancini had. Pratini has seen to that.

Blue Heaven said:
Well, it's Marwood first, followed by Mancini, probably at the end of the season. The contract was a parting gift - Mancini won't get anywhere near the 28 million left on it, but it is substantial enough for him to walk away with 10 million, as a severance. And now we understand that this was one of several reasons why ownership was not willing to go all out and spend vast sums of money this summer. Nevertheless, The Pep will not have available to him (at least initially) the same extent of transfer kitty backing that Mancini had. Pratini has seen to that.

Cheers Sheikhy

Sorry to disappoint the Marwood-haters but this is from the well-connected Duncan Castles:
Begiristain's arrival is not thought likely to spell the end for Brian Marwood, the club's Football Administrator. The expansion of City's football and business plans - including the development of the Etihad Campus training ground and academy - provides scope for a division of Marwood's existing responsibilities.

A 5 year contract as a parting gift. I've heard it all now.

Are some of you in the real world

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sorry to disappoint the Marwood-haters but this is from the well-connected Duncan Castles:
Begiristain's arrival is not thought likely to spell the end for Brian Marwood, the club's Football Administrator. The expansion of City's football and business plans - including the development of the Etihad Campus training ground and academy - provides scope for a division of Marwood's existing responsibilities.

And for anyone that thinks Jose will be landing amongst senior Barca people who detest him needs to wobble their head.

These moves surely mean that Jose will never manage City?

fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And for anyone that thinks Jose will be landing amongst senior Barca people who detest him needs to wobble their head.

Absolutely. Or at least not for 10 years, or more. I have a hard time seeing Sheik(h) Mansour hiring Mourinho, given the latter's constant public flirtations with Histrionic Personality Disorder. The club represents Abu Dhabi, their royal family, and maybe more than that. Would Mourinho, brilliant manager that he is, be an acceptable public representative in their eyes?<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am --<br /><br />
tomhawley said:

Tomhawley, I will remember your name. In time, we will see who was correct about this, and who wasn't.

People get overly impressed with Guardiola. With the quality of the player at hiss disposal he couldn't help but be successful.

Our current crop are not quite in that league - most of them at least.

Blue Heaven said:
fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Absolutely. Or at least not for 10 years, or more. I have a hard time seeing Sheik(h) Mansour hiring Mourinho, given the latter's constant public flirtations with Histrionic Personality Disorder. The club represents Abu Dhabi, their royal family, and maybe more than that. Would Mourinho, brilliant manager that he is, be an acceptable public representative in their eyes?

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am --

tomhawley said:

Tomhawley, I will remember your name. In time, we will see who was correct about this, and who wasn't.

Him getting the sack, unfortunately for you, wont prove that a contract awarded for a term of 5 years was done so only as a gift.

It is that notion that I find ridiculous, not that he might not be here next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.