Txiki Begiristain

My point was Txiki isn't to blame for this. It's natural that some things can not turn out as expected. But I feel it's become rather common just to blame Txiki for everything the club does wrong. It's a collective decision, I don't think any particular individual has to be picked out and blamed, it can happen.
We have spent a Lot of money on BALLOONS FACT.

Jesus Christ, what is with this influx of posters with <100 posts throwing absolute tantrums about Guardiola or the club management? Am I the only one who's noticed this?
Can you please let me know WHERE I have had a go at Guardiola!!.......all these old posters who see things that are not there is quite an issue as well, and put their own spin on it....you should be working for the BBC with that way of twisting words to suit an agenda.

I did have a go at Txiki and will continue to do so, until he leaves, but please don't say or try to state that I have had a go at Pep when the only thing about him that I DID say, is he doesn't give youth a chance, and that is backed up by hard facts, hardly as tantrum about him, as his approach has served him well so far hasn't it?

(p.s. not sure what happend with the Sheikh Rattle and Roll quotation, as I didn't quote their comment, but oh well, modern technology ah?)

Can you please let me know WHERE I have had a go at Guardiola!!.......all these old posters who see things that are not there is quite an issue as well, and put their own spin on it....you should be working for the BBC with that way of twisting words to suit an agenda.

I did have a go at Txiki and will continue to do so, until he leaves, but please don't say or try to state that I have had a go at Pep when the only thing about him that I DID say, is he doesn't give youth a chance, and that is backed up by hard facts, hardly as tantrum about him, as his approach has served him well so far hasn't it?

(p.s. not sure what happend with the Sheikh Rattle and Roll quotation, as I didn't quote their comment, but oh well, modern technology ah?)

Do you see the part of my comment where I refer to an influx of new users criticising Pep or the management?

Do you know what or means? Do you know what users (plural) means?

Yes? Ok then you can assume I'm not talking about you criticising Pep if you haven't done so.

It's hard to judge the Director of Football - with unlimited financial backing, 20-20 hindsight, and free of FFP rules - obviously, we could have done far better with our signings (the chief metric IMO of DOF competency); we do however have the manager I most prefer largely due to Txiki - and as far as other club football matters are concerned - court rulings, youth system, marketing, fan relationship, and so on -I sense that these are at least going well if not very well.

Overall, though, I wish that we had better signings as of late - this past window is a COVID-19 aberration - still... we obviously needed a gifted left-back - Ake is a stop-gap - and didn't get one - we needed a successor to Aguero - and didn't get one - Walker, although good/great on defense isn't at all what we need on offense... and we didn't get an offensive RB; we probably need a very aggressive, ball-wining, fast, holding midfielder as an alternative to Rodri (whom I very much like, but who isn't a defensive force) - we failed to sell off several players who aren't making the cut - Mendy, Cancelo, and so forth...

In short, this past transfer window wasn't very good for us - we did sign some players that might prove useful/great - but we failed to recruit in areas we desperately need, and we're still stuck with the sub-par players we had last season at many positions.

Last summer's transfer window was bad too.

Txiki needs to pick it up big time next summer.

Last edited:
Again, why are you on a forum if you are incapable of reading?

I said he's the most successful.

So why are you talking about who's the best? Begiristain is the most successful DoF while he's been around.

He's won 4 CL's in the last 15 years as well, so again I have no idea what you're talking about.
If your going to kiss his arse, at least get your facts right, that way your argument stands ground.

Txiki Begiristain took over as DOF at Barcelona in 2003 and left when Juan Laporta left in June 2010, so in that time he saw Barcelona win 4 League titles (2004-05, 2005-06, 2008-09 and 2009-10), he saw 1 Copa Del Rey (2008-09), and 2 CL titles (2005-06, 2008-09).....he then joined City in 2012 October of, and we have won 1 FA Cup (2018-19), 4 Lge Cups (2013/14, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20) and 3 League titles (2013-14, 2017-18 and 2018-19) whilst he has been in the position as DoF, dining out on signings made by Garry Cook previously to form the spine and nucleus of the teams that won them trophies.

I suggest you get back to spinning another story, as he is not as "successful" as you think he is, and lets not forget what most on here say about La Liga anyhow shall we?, and that it is a 2 team league, well he won a 2 team league 4 times out of 8 attempts and 1 Domestic Cup (not counting their equivalent of a Charity Sheild, as its as pointless as ours).

I would suggest we have had better success elsewhere when organising a team for the manager to use, and we fired him because of an email.

Looks like money well spent on Mahrez, Rodri, Mendy and Gundogan just to name a few, well done Txiki, I hate to think how we ever got by before you rocked up here and dazzled us with these superstars, before you shown us the way we had Garry Cook and at that time we used to have to settle for the likes of a Kompany, Zabaleta, De Jong, Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero, Dzeko, Yaya, Silva, Kolarov etc......thank christ we have you and your array of talents in the market at spotting and acquiring top quality players.

There you go morons, is that good enough for you?

#BringBackCook
I can’t argue with the player comparison. I have said many times the recruitment has not been great and is causing problems.

Like every good story you missed out on the players bought that were not good enough during Cooks tenure. We also had to pay for these transfers without trying to be self sustainable at the time and with FFP not yet put in place.

Blaming Txiki alone is pathetic. The board which he is part have made a few transfer blunders. We are not in possession of all the facts so will never know why we have came up short on a few occasions.

We have a lot of improvement to make in this area. Identifying the right players before they turn into 60 million would help. We need a new set of eyes to work with Txiki,Soriano,Pep, KAM. It’s all one way thinking and it is not working.

Or maybe it is just random luck involved. 50/50 it will or will not work.

Anyway you are a twat for bumping this thread as plenty of threads are available for you to voice your opinion.

Do you see the part of my comment where I refer to an influx of new users criticising Pep or the management?

Do you know what or means? Do you know what users (plural) means?

Yes? Ok then you can assume I'm not talking about you criticising Pep if you haven't done so.
Oh I know yes what the difference is, but I guess, I just saw the fact that you had quoted one of my comments to make your rant about apparently userS as you say, and wondered why it had been done whilst quoting one of my comments and not just "in general", when apparently it was aimed at others to......but oh well, I guess I should feel special that I was singled out ;)

Definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves. The majority of the signings on his watch have worked out. We don't get disgruntled players in the press. We don't get sucked into bidding wars. Almost all of our key players stay at the club for as long as we want them. We have the best manager in the world and have the best and most successful team in the club's history. The culture of the club is right. We have a City "way" of playing at all levels. I can actually remember him promising this when he first joined.

He's not solely responsible for these things of course but he's been a constant in a brilliant 8 years for the club, during a period where our spending was curtailed by external forces. You can tell he's intelligent, and credible, and sassy, and honourable and he stays out of the limelight. I suspect if he left he would have his pick of top tier football jobs. One things for absolute certain: he wouldn't end up running a wrestling franchise or whatever the last guy did. There will always be a few clown fans who can't see that, that's football.

If your going to kiss his arse, at least get your facts right, that way your argument stands ground.

Txiki Begiristain took over as DOF at Barcelona in 2003 and left when Juan Laporta left in June 2010, so in that time he saw Barcelona win 4 League titles (2004-05, 2005-06, 2008-09 and 2009-10), he saw 1 Copa Del Rey (2008-09), and 2 CL titles (2005-06, 2008-09).....he then joined City in 2012 October of, and we have won 1 FA Cup (2018-19), 4 Lge Cups (2013/14, 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20) and 3 League titles (2013-14, 2017-18 and 2018-19) whilst he has been in the position as DoF, dining out on signings made by Garry Cook previously to form the spine and nucleus of the teams that won them trophies.

I suggest you get back to spinning another story, as he is not as "successful" as you think he is, and lets not forget what most on here say about La Liga anyhow shall we?, and that it is a 2 team league, well he won a 2 team league 4 times out of 8 attempts and 1 Domestic Cup (not counting their equivalent of a Charity Sheild, as its as pointless as ours).

I would suggest we have had better success elsewhere when organising a team for the manager to use, and we fired him because of an email.

So I said 7 league titles, 16 cups and 4Champions Leagues.

You have listed 7 league titles, 6 cups and 2 Champions Leagues (and 1 CL won with all the players and manager he assembled but after he left). But you've also missed out the 4 Spanish super cups, European Super Cup, Club world cup and 3 community shields.

So add in those 9 cups you left out and my top of the head tally of 7/16/4 lines up against 7/15/2.

I am SO sorry for getting that wrong. Absolutely unforgiveable.

Christ I hope you don't get to 100 posts.

Last edited:
I can’t argue with the player comparison. I have said many times the recruitment has not been great and is causing problems.

Like every good story you missed out on the players bought that were not good enough during Cooks tenure. We also had to pay for these transfers without trying to be self sustainable at the time and with FFP not yet put in place.

Blaming Txiki alone is pathetic. The board which he is part have made a few transfer blunders. We are not in possession of all the facts so will never know why we have came up short on a few occasions.

We have a lot of improvement to make in this area. Identifying the right players before they turn into 60 million would help. We need a new set of eyes to work with Txiki,Soriano,Pep, KAM. It’s all one way thinking and it is not working.

Or maybe it is just random luck involved. 50/50 it will or will not work.

Anyway you are a twat for bumping this thread as plenty of threads are available for you to voice your opinion.
I didn't BUMP this thread it appears in my alerts and so I just replied to those who had put comments quoting mine.

You must be an equal sort of twat then to have bumped it just now, when like you say there are other threads to voice your opinion on.

However, since I was talking about Txiki and this thread is aimed at him, I figured it would be best to be a twat and use this one, not to upset twats like you though, just to leave it in a thread that makes more sense, rather than start another one, or put a Txiki post in a thread about the team in general, or players etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.