Txiki Begiristain

Not sure how you can say he would have not coped with FFP, and for sure he would not have stood in a corner in silence when our owner and club's reputation was been systematically destroyed by all and sundry.

Ferran has his CFG baby but in my humble should spend a lot more time on MCFC.
Fairly sure we go about things quietly because our owners prefer we go about things quietly. You can have whatever opinion on that you like, but it's how Abu Dhabi want it. Again Ferran has the CFG because Abu Dhabi want the CFG.

Could not disagree more, he was an outstanding CEO.

And I would have him rather than Ferran any day of the week.
Well it's a good job that Cook himself, Khaldoon and the entire world of football agree with me.

You keep ignoring the point that after his sacking he did a few months in wrestling, lost that job and nobody has touched him with a bargepole since. You should write him a refence.

Regardless of who the CEO is, I just don't understand why we don't challenge the corrupt ffp rules in a proper court.

It's clear they were brought in to hinder us (and PSG, Chelsea?) We ought to be challenging this biased rule, how can it be 'fair' that a club with say £500m debt to American owners can spend with impunity, yet we are investigated every season it seems?

We won the cas appeal, we should have gone after ffp and brought it down. It is corrupt, unfair and benefits only the clubs with lots of casual 'fans' buying merchandise tat in the Far East. Fucking ludicrous we sit and take it.

Regardless of who the CEO is, I just don't understand why we don't challenge the corrupt ffp rules in a proper court.

It's clear they were brought in to hinder us (and PSG, Chelsea?) We ought to be challenging this biased rule, how can it be 'fair' that a club with say £500m debt to American owners can spend with impunity, yet we are investigated every season it seems?

We won the cas appeal, we should have gone after ffp and brought it down. It is corrupt, unfair and benefits only the clubs with lots of casual 'fans' buying merchandise tat in the Far East. Fucking ludicrous we sit and take it.

We got what we wanted whilst laying down a marker that we weren’t to be trifled with. Job done.

Well it's a good job that Cook himself, Khaldoon and the entire world of football agree with me.

You keep ignoring the point that after his sacking he did a few months in wrestling, lost that job and nobody has touched him with a bargepole since. You should write him a refence.
He worked for UFC for 4 1/2 years and left after a change of owners.

He now runs his own consulting company has has clients including the Ryder Cup, Peel Holdings and Olympic Marseille.

After 12 years at Nike, including heading the Jordan Brand, that's some very shabby CV.

Last edited:

It was a slight hiccup on our planned route, it can't affect us anymore. The club have always stated that we're going to be a self sustaining club which we have been for a few years now. In principal FFP is actually a good idea although it needs revising no doubt.

Do you realise what self sustaining means?

This was always the target.

If we successfully challenged ffp we wouldn't need to be self-sustaining.
You can’t honestly believe our owners are always going to pump money into a business that makes no profit.

The investment arm of Abu Dhabi, is all about diversifying their earnings away from a world weening itself off of its fossil fuel addiction. They aren’t going to invest in a model that constantly losses money.

the initial huge investment was to put us at the top table where the money is made. Now we are there, the club generates its own money to operate.

Simple business investment strategy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.