Txiki Begiristain

I don’t know for sure but I don’t think FFP was abolished completely this window was it?
Think they were slightly relaxed but can’t remember reading there was Carte Blanche to spend what you wanted.

I don’t think we will be signing an out and out striker until Sergio leaves. My guess is next summer. I think Mendy is being given this season which seems fair enough as I don’t think Ake will be an ideal solution. I think they dropped a bollock not getting a CDM with some legs and physicality.

Not being able to shift players can also be a hindrance in getting new faces in.

Fair point, but the FFP strictures did not apply in the window just closed, so they were able to do it.
Yes they did, just rolled into next year for reporting. So we could have spent this summer but then not next summer. Think in the end we decided to wait until Aguero leaves as we don’t want 3 front line strikers in the squad for 1 position, or / and the player we want to replace Aguero wasn’t available this summer.

Harsh on Delph, was a big part of the centurions season at LB
Possibly Daveyboybluemoon, but the reason I went for him not being a "good" signing IMO was because he was constantly injured and other than that season where he deputised well for Mendy, he did nothing to warrant the purchase of him, funny on the behind the scenes videos and a character in the dressing room no doubt, but for me we didn't need to buy him for the amount that he was used, outside of that 1 season.

This list is very revealing. It shows that you just have a terribly childish opinion of what a bad signing is.

Fabian Delph. £8m, sold for £5m. Net cost of £3m for the starting LB in the best season of the club's history? Yes please, good signing. Had a lot of important games, shame about the injuries in his first 18 months but did well for us.

Ilkay Gundogan for £20m a bad signing? Not a chance.

Obviously anyone who thinks Jesus Navas was bad purchase is a wrongun. £11m for the first season alone was worth it, and even after that, he was a good squad player people scapegoated because of Pellegrini's poor tactics. Love seeing him winning in Sevilla and back in the Spain starting side.

Mooy, Angelino, Enes Unal, Harrison, Douglas Luiz bad purchases? Why? Because they made us £50m profit? Looks like Luiz is going to come back into the squad next season and he'll have cost us <10m for a Brazil international.
Fabian Delph, irrespective of his "net worth" after he was sold, was a player purchased for us, and then injured more or less most of every season apart from the one he covered for Mendy in, yes he did superbly well in that role that season, but as an overall, I just don't think he was a good signing for the useage we got from him, as apart from 1 season he hardly played for the club, we only got 57 games out of him in 4 years.

Ilkay Gundogan, regardless of money spent, I think he offers us nothing apart from sideways and backwards passes, when I listed him down as a "none good signing", I was meaning that we spent money on someone that doesn't improve the team any, takes up a foriegn spot, we only got him for that little because he couldn't stay fit at Dortmund.

As for the others the last listed players who made the club £50m profit or more, they were bad purchases, because they were all signed to be loaned out right away, why sign players who you have no intention of playing, surely when you buy players they are to improve what you have got, our academy can improve the bank balance in my opinion, and as for bringing back Douglas Luiz, no chance that will happen, as Villa won't let him go (they will get him a new deal that takes that "buy back" option out), also I highly doubt he would come back here when we basically tossed him all over Europe the moment the ink dried on his contract when he signed.

As for the others the last listed players who made the club £50m profit or more, they were bad purchases, because they were all signed to be loaned out right away, why sign players who you have no intention of playing, surely when you buy players they are to improve what you have got
Just showing a complete lack of understanding on how we have reinvented financing our football club.Where wou;ld we be without that £50 mill profit, probably accounts for our entire profit in the last few years.

Can't be arsed going into that but the other factor you haven't even mentioned is that in the Cook years there was no FFP and we could spend what we wanted. Chelsea and United weren't spending big either, and Arsenal were in financial trouble after the stadium move. In the Txiki years we were limited in what we could spend and pay in wages and also our competitors were playing catchup.

And you still haven't addressed the point of Cook being the laughing stock of football.
Can't be arsed because however you slice it, you cannot make the work Txiki has done look any better than what Cook did, you mention FFP hampering us, not sure if your aware or not, but we ARE the 5th richest team turnover wise in the world of football, and if owner funds were taken into account either 1st or 2nd, (as not sure on value of PSG owners wealth), with our sponsors rolling in with more money since Ferran Soriano took charge of that role from Brian Marwood and doing a superb job, it is easier to spend what we earn on improving the playing staff when needed, sides with a lot less funds available to us have managed, as well as that FFP is a farce, why do we bother with it when nobody else does is my quesiton?

Not sure how Cook is the laughing stock of football, I wish Txiki would turn into the laughing stock of football and recruit the same calibre of player that Cook did, I settle for being the laughing stock whilst having world class players to watch every week if you ask me

Douglas Luiz, no chance that will happen, as Villa won't let him go (they will get him a new deal that takes that "buy back" option out), also I highly doubt he would come back here when we basically tossed him all over Europe the moment the ink dried on his contract when he signed.
You don't understand how contracts work either.

Can't be arsed going into that but the other factor you haven't even mentioned is that in the Cook years there was no FFP and we could spend what we wanted. Chelsea and United weren't spending big either, and Arsenal were in financial trouble after the stadium move. In the Txiki years we were limited in what we could spend and pay in wages and also our competitors were playing catchup.

And you still haven't addressed the point of Cook being the laughing stock of football.
Garry Cook the laughing stock of football? Really?

Everything that man said became reality, oh did they laugh, but as the old saying goes, he who laughs last,laughs longest.

He was a superb CEO who got the club , fans and the City of Manchester.

He fought our case, far more than the present incumbent, who cleary does not get us as fans.

And Garrry and for that matter Mancini would not have put up with the utter crap the media and other clubs throw at us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.