Txiki Begiristain

We are top of the league, Last eight of the Champions League and last 8 of the FA Cup.

We draw away at Crystal Palace and Txiki gets the blame for signings! Fuck me.

We've won 5 fucking titles in 10 years which will soon be 6 in 11 years!
Indeed.

We also might not have a striker for this season to replace Kun. But if we sign Håland this Summer then it will have been better to feel the pinch this season than us having signed ‘mystical striker who everyone thinks we should have signed’… Kane for £150m at 28 with dodgy ankles? lazy Lukaku at 28 for £98? An ageing Lewandowski or CRonaldo or Messi for a few years?… or Håland for the next decade a year later?

It took us a year to replace Kompany. But waiting to sign Dias a year later is better for us long term than having gone out and bought someone available at the time with no long term plan.

Yeah Liverpool won the title in the interim, but we can’t win the league every season. And we might not win the league this season, it’s no disgrace and it’s not the end of the world. Football doesn’t end at the end of this season, it goes on forever. It’s always about the long term since we aren’t flash-in-the-pan Leicester or Blackburn. We are about the long term and winning trophies consistently over a long period of time.

Indeed.

We also might not have a striker for this season to replace Kun. But if we sign Håland this Summer then it will have been better to feel the pinch this season than us having signed ‘mystical striker who everyone thinks we should have signed’… Kane for £150m at 28 with dodgy ankles? lazy Lukaku at 28 for £98? An ageing Lewandowski or CRonaldo or Messi for a few years?… or Håland for the next decade a year later?

Football doesn’t end at the end of this season, it goes on forever. It’s always about the long term since we aren’t flash-in-the-pan Leicester or Blackburn.
If - and it's a big if we do ever get haaland. He doesn't strike me as a long termer.
Nice hatchet job on all the others to suit the narrative PC.

Last edited:
Pole position means first place mate.

I did Txiki a disservice, we’ve actually won 4 league titles 6 League Cups and an FA Cup while he’s been at City. Only a lunatic or a dipper would claim that their paltry trophy haul during that period is evidence that his counterpart at Anfield is doing a better job than Txiki
A Norwegian based dipper at that, I can't believe anyone pays him any attention.

He's that poor a troll that I've not even bothered blocking him as I always get a chuckle out of his posts.

If - and it's a big if we fo ever get haaland. He doesn't strike me as a long termer.
Nice hatchet job on all the others to suit the narrative PC.
IF we get Haaland I do agree with you as he doesn't strike me as a long termer either I think he will move to Real Madrid at some point but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Never did we think Pep would still be here 6 years after he arrived, David Silva and Aguero for 10 years ect It's a special club to be at every player seems to love being here past and present since Sheikh Mansour took over. I'm hoping the same will happen with Haaland IF he arrives then we will have striker for 10 years. Beats paying £150m on a 28 year old Harry Kane in my opinion.

IF we get Haaland I do agree with you as he doesn't strike me as a long termer either I think he will move to Real Madrid at some point but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Never did we think Pep would still be here 6 years after he arrived, David Silva and Aguero for 10 years ect It's a special club to be at every player seems to love being here past and present since Sheikh Mansour took over. I'm hoping the same will happen with Haaland IF he arrives then we will have striker for 10 years. Beats paying £150m on a 28 year old Harry Kane in my opinion.
Thank you for a reasoned reply, appreciated.

I've heard a rumour that we are changing the clubs name to Fannywipes.FC

Post match thread is a fucking embarrasment with the amount of wankers claiming that we've blown the league. 9 games to go and 1 point ahead. It's the Dippers who are shitting it in case we don't drop another point.

I'm no massive fan of Txiki, but was anyone calling him out when he signed Dias? However a bad result and he's apparently useless !

Some elements of our fanbase have turned into the type of fans we used to despise from over the border in Trafford.
Is it safe to come in the main forum again now?

Worst case scenario on Wednesday evening is we are one point ahead of the dips and they have to come to our pad.

For all the FW's on here, just imagine being a point behind the dips and having to go to play in Merseyside.

Indeed.

It took us a year to replace Kompany. But waiting to sign Dias a year later is better for us long term than having gone out and bought someone available at the time with no long term plan.

Yeah Liverpool won the title in the interim, but we can’t win the league every season. And we might not win the league this season, it’s no disgrace and it’s not the end of the world. Football doesn’t end at the end of this season, it goes on forever. It’s always about the long term since we aren’t flash-in-the-pan Leicester or Blackburn. We are about the long term and winning trophies consistently over a long period of time.
Excellent post. If we get Haland I don’t think it’ll be 10 years though but that doesn’t matter. If it’s 4 or 5 years that will do.
Our owners think long term not quick fixes that don’t work out like the Trafford scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.