"Typical City"

I struggle to recall 3 shots from us .
Doku had about half a dozen on his own and he looked like he’d never kicked a football before. He looked like he toe-ended two of them and the one that went closest, he mis-hit.

Typical city today in a nutshell....opponents 1 shot on target and win 2-1 its been a while but welcome back. Arsenal or spurs are now going to win the league we've no chance neither have liverpool until next weekend when whoever has dropped points is fucked and who wins is going to be contenders! Villa and newcastle were shite 3 weeks ago and brighton were top 4 nailed on but not now! They all talk shite these twats writing newspapers, the twats who write them articles then appear on fuckin football podcasts, soccer saturday 'pundits'....its football not fuckin soccer for a start!.....every single one of these twats has stopped me reading, listening and watching the shite they spew to a point i dont read newspapers, dont listen to podcasts other than city related and haven't had talksport or skysports news on fer months....they've all been infiltrated by wanker journo know fuck alls and they're killing themselves coz they'll go after every club eventually and have nobody reading, listening or watching the shit they spew. Good riddence to the lot of em....rant over.
It was a good rant though!

The home game against Bournemouth in 1989. The sun is shining the balloons are out and at half time we are 3-0 up and promoted to the top tier of English football.

Then a certain Ian Bishop ripped us apart the final score 3-3 and we are not promoted we now need a point away at Bradford to achieve that.

As we enter the last three minutes of the Bradford game we are losing 1-0, Palace are winning 4-0 and we are not getting promoted. That is typical City to me snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

(Fortunately Trevor Morley popped up with two minutes to go at Bradford and we were promoted just).

Too many typical city moments to post about but Bournemouth at home in our promotion season under Mel Machin is up there with them.
I was only a little kid and was doing the conga just before half time with a load of blokes in the North Stand. ‘Going up going up going uuuup’.

We've had some dire games against them over the years but this one has become legendary albeit for the wrong reasons. Hope we never play them again
Just hearing or reading the word ‘Boro’ gives me an itch:
In the 80s they forgot to bring their kit to Maine Road so had to go to Old Trafford and borrow United’s and play against us in that.
Early 90s they knocked us out of both cup competitions in the same week with Paul Lake getting seriously injured.
Danny Tiatto scored a wonder goal against them with a dribble from our half and it was disallowed for nowt.
In one game we had something like 20 shots, 12 on target, hit the bar once, the post twice, had two cleared off the line, mullered them all game...they had no shots at all...Sun Jihai scored an own goal late on and they won 0-1.
The last game of the season when we had a penalty against them in the final seconds to get into the UEFA Cup and Fowler had it saved so Boro finished above us and got into the UEFA Cup instead and got all the way to the final the year after.
The 8-1 in Sven’s last game.
We were top of the Prem under Pellegrini and they were in the Championship, we had them at home in the Cup and they beat us 0-2.
Completely bossed a game against them and were 1-0 up and they equalised out of nowhere in the 92nd minute in another game under Pellers.

Wigan are another one. They’ve embarrassed us from divisions below more than anyone (and I’d hazard a guess more than any lower division club has any top division club in English football history):
They took us to a replay in the League Cup in 1982 when they were in the third tier.
They knocked us out of the League Cup in 2002 when they were in the third tier.
They beat us in the FA Cup final when they got relegated in 2013.
They knocked us out of the FA Cup in 2014 when they were in the second tier.
They knocked us out of the FA Cup in 2018 as a third tier club yet again.

I reckon these two clubs would sneak wins against us even if they were down in the National League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.