"Typical City"

The 90's has to be the golden age of Typical City.
"If they did cups for cockups we'd have a cabinet full".
We were a basket case of a club back then. I'd never want to go back there.

2-0 up against the Rags at half time at Maine Road in 93 for them then to end up scoring 3 in front of their fans to beat us was fooking typically galling
The irony of that one is that United had played in Europe a few days earlier (galatasaray I think), they were 2-0 up but drew 3-3.
As our game against them kicked off we started chanting "2-0 up and fuked it up...."!
Typical City within a typical City!

Last season’s treble was Typical City.

We were absolutely rubbish either side of the World Cup and looked like winning sod all. In February, I didn’t fancy us to lift any silverware at all last season. We hadn’t played well since the end of September.
I was consistently, from Christmas, up until we played them at the Etihad quoting that I didn't think anyone would overhaul the Arse.

Cup final 81. Scorer scores an own goal!

Luton relegation after being top of the league at Xmas the season before.

Trevor Francis bought and sold within a season.

Notts County away promotion game. 10,000 plus blues in party mood. 3-0 down at half time.

Etc etc etc.

All the way through to Real Madrid cup exit.

Lots of positives too obviously!

There can’t be any club in the world who have had as much drama as us.

2-0 up against the Rags at half time at Maine Road in 93 for them then to end up scoring 3 in front of their fans to beat us was fooking typically galling
Was that were Quinn scored both our goals,and Keane bagged the winner for them,if it was that I had to miss work the next day ended up absolutely smashed,lost my keys and apparently was virtually crawling out of the club to get into the taxi oh my those were the days ..

Last edited:
Where and when did this phrase originate. People use it a lot but I think it's a silly phrase. For it to be Typical city, a series of negative events must have happened to be referred back to.

Anyone know when this phrase was first used?
My mum's 82 and I heard it so many times I lost count before we beat Stoke in the 2011 final.

However I also heard so many good things. The dedicated 30,000 at our 1st home game on a Friday night in league 1 being one of the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.