"Typical City"

Was that were Quinn scored both our goals,and Keane bagged the winner for them,if it was that I had to miss work the next day ended up absolutely smashed,lost my keys and apparently was virtually crawling out of the club to get into the taxi oh my those were the days ..
I thought it was going to be like the 5-1 massacre when we went 2 in front.
Instead i felt sick and could hear the rags celebrating loudly as i left the kippax.
Don't know why but this Derby loss was probably my worst one

Where and when did this phrase originate. People use it a lot but I think it's a silly phrase. For it to be Typical city, a series of negative events must have happened to be referred back to.

Anyone know when this phrase was first used?
Try google typical City, many different answers. Pick the one you prefer!

Where and when did this phrase originate. People use it a lot but I think it's a silly phrase. For it to be Typical city, a series of negative events must have happened to be referred back to.

Anyone know when this phrase was first used?
I believe the term 'typical' is qute a common phrase for anything goimg a bit awry or an unpredictable occurance happening in the lancastrian/yorkshire region, so as we had a period of us being unpredictable, the rerm was used vecaisenwith city anything can happen and usually dooes

The OP that started this thread put her/his season ticket up for sale after they had an hissy fit after what you have just described.
Maybe I'm to old and don't relate to our younger or new fans ,but i'd never ever think of turning my back on City
The watching a team win is the easy bit, even meaningless bit about supporting a football club.

Yeah if Balotelli’s pass hadn’t found Agüero or Rodri had hit the post and we didn’t go on to win the league in 2012 or 2022, it would have been shit for a few weeks in the Summer, but it wouldn’t be that bad because we know we’re going to be challenging the next season anyway.

It’s easy being a City fan now.

Support only matters if you are there 100% when it’s not going well.

Cup final 81. Scorer scores an own goal!

Luton relegation after being top of the league at Xmas the season before.

Trevor Francis bought and sold within a season.

Notts County away promotion game. 10,000 plus blues in party mood. 3-0 down at half time.

Etc etc etc.

All the way through to Real Madrid cup exit.

Lots of positives too obviously!

There can’t be any club in the world who have had as much drama as us.
…sold to pay for a roof.

Good old Big Malc.

Well before his time Big Malc. He was dead right - just had to wait over years for his prophesy to ring true!
I have mixed feelings about him, to be honest. Yes; as a coach under Mercer, he was fantastic. But, aided and abetted by Swales, he damned near ruined the club when he came back. Ripped apart a fantastic side that had pushed the all conquering Liverpool side of the mid 70s to one point in the 76/77 person season (and that was without Colin for most of it). And spent a fortune, money we couldn't really afford) on unproven players. We only really started to recover from that era in 2008.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.