"Typical City"

Good point about finding a positive. What about Benjani and Vassel at the swamp? No one gave us a glimmer of hope that day.
It was more Typical City that it was the Munich Anniversary and we surprised everyone by not a single peep out of turn during the silence that for months leading up to it those cunts were saying we were going to ruin.

If it is trolling, it's not that good an attempt.
Yeah maybe not that good tbf, although it would/will reel quite a few in.

I would go as far as to say anyone who is a proper City supporter knows what “typical City” is (and how it feels), but maybe I am showing my age (whatever the opposite of recency bias is).

It was more Typical City that it was the Munich Anniversary and we surprised everyone by not a single peep out of turn during the silence that for months leading up to it those cunts were saying we were going to ruin.
Yep!
Win the 50th Munich anniversary, when the media pre match hype was so disgustingly one sided.
Lose our last game at Maine Road after incredibly winning at Anfield the previous week.
Finish the 2004-05 season with two goalkeepers on the pitch
Qualify for European Football via the Fair Play Route, despite a red card and a riot on the last day of the season at Boro

The list is endless...

Nobody has mentioned buying a player specifically to stave off the threat of relegation to the third tier….guess who scored the own goal that doomed us.

Nobody has mentioned buying a player specifically to stave off the threat of relegation to the third tier….guess who scored the own goal that doomed us.
Ah, Jammy Pillock. A player some (including Joe Royle on occasion) preferred to Gio because of his workrate.

Last season’s treble was Typical City.

We were absolutely rubbish either side of the World Cup and looked like winning sod all. In February, I didn’t fancy us to lift any silverware at all last season. We hadn’t played well since the end of September.
The OP that started this thread put her/his season ticket up for sale after they had an hissy fit after what you have just described.
Maybe I'm to old and don't relate to our younger or new fans ,but i'd never ever think of turning my back on City

Good point about finding a positive. What about Benjani and Vassel at the swamp? No one gave us a glimmer of hope that day.
The away at spurs down to ten men and 3 goals down. only to comeback and knock them out of the cup.
Typical city and Typical Spursy,
Playing a keeper upfront when we had a striker on the bench.
Player sent off for aggressive walking.
The list is endless,
It's great being a blue CTID

The away at spurs down to ten men and 3 goals down. only to comeback and knock them out of the cup.
Typical city and Typical Spursy,
Playing a keeper upfront when we had a striker on the bench.
Player sent off for aggressive walking.
The list is endless,
It's great being a blue CTID
I always thought typical City was cocking up good positions- snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But always in a negative sense not in the positive as the cup comeback at Spurs was.
That’s my interpretation. If I’m wrong and it’s just about the unexpected or exceptional happening then I happily stand corrected

The late 60s and early 70s was a golden trophy laden period in our history. After some years in the doldrums we appointed Joe Mercer as manager. This avuncular man was also coming back from illness to take on the Maine Road hot seat. He produced a spectacular side with outstanding players like Mike Summerbee, Neil Young, Mike Doyle, Tony Book and the peerless Colin Bell. We won the title with an all English side, a feat not equalled since. And how did we reward the great man? Oh yes, we engineered his departure from the club to satisfy the egos of lesser men. We never really recovered.
Typical City.
(The one time I came close to giving up on the sky blue, not just typical but disgraceful.)

I always thought typical City was cocking up good positions- snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. But always in a negative sense not in the positive as the cup comeback at Spurs was.
That’s my interpretation. If I’m wrong and it’s just about the unexpected or exceptional happening then I happily stand corrected
I thought it was both.
My 50 years of supporting us as definitely had plenty of ups and downs. And I wouldn't change a thing, CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.