"Typical City"

The watching a team win is the easy bit, even meaningless bit about supporting a football club.

Yeah if Balotelli’s pass hadn’t found Agüero or Rodri had hit the post and we didn’t go on to win the league in 2012 or 2022, it would have been shit for a few weeks in the Summer, but it wouldn’t be that bad because we know we’re going to be challenging the next season anyway.

It’s easy being a City fan now.

Support only matters if you are there 100% when it’s not going well.
someone once said

you can change everything
your wife/husband
your job
your politics
your lifestyle

even your sex

but never your football team

I have mixed feelings about him, to be honest. Yes; as a coach under Mercer, he was fantastic. But, aided and abetted by Swales, he damned near ruined the club when he came back. Ripped apart a fantastic side that had pushed the all conquering Liverpool side of the mid 70s to one point in the 76/77 person season (and that was without Colin for most of it). And spent a fortune, money we couldn't really afford) on unproven players. We only really started to recover from that era in 2008.
Have to agree with you Jim. It was a big big mistake to bring him back and yes although he signed a couple of great youngsters in Caton and Mackenzie the way he ripped up that team ,as you say was stupid. With Joe at the helm he was undoubtebly a wonderful coach.

I have mixed feelings about him, to be honest. Yes; as a coach under Mercer, he was fantastic. But, aided and abetted by Swales, he damned near ruined the club when he came back. Ripped apart a fantastic side that had pushed the all conquering Liverpool side of the mid 70s to one point in the 76/77 person season (and that was without Colin for most of it). And spent a fortune, money we couldn't really afford) on unproven players. We only really started to recover from that era in 2008.
Big Malc's only problem was that he thought he could walk on water!. Mind, I'd try to tread the waves if Swales was in the boat!

Agree with all this. If Allison had bought two decent players to add to our very good squad (not the shambles that he did) we would have been the Liverpool of the 1980s. Good coach. Stupid manager. And Swales was never the man to rein him in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.