Tyson Fury Homecoming

Why not? I won't be anywhere near it, but he done the business. As for what he's said in the past, I personally couldn't give a shite.

United had a parade for winning a competition you get dumped in for failing to be good enough in the main event or even failing to qualify for the main competition entirely, this guy has just destroyed the supposed best boxer around. No arguments he deserves one for his sporting achievements and outside the ring incidents shouldn’t impact that decision. People aren’t forced to take part or support it if they have issues with him

He has said some pretty bad stuff in the past, definitely antisemitic things and homophobic. I’m not sure about the misogyny, he did make a joke about his wife being in the kitchen and that she’s there for that and sex but I thought this was just a very poor and stupid joke. It was misogynistic but I don’t think he is one, he seems a pretty good husband.

He’s moved on from this and has apologised.

I do believe in giving people another chance and he’s dropped a lot of nonsense from his devout Christianity.

I hope it goes ahead. He’s shown that people can change and can come back from the brink.
But your criticising him for anti-Semitism then describing his Christianity as nonsense.
Seems a tad hypocritical.

Mark Twain once said 'Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see'.

I'm not sure what relevance it has here but thought I'd share anyway.

Sometimes, late at night I go out to the garden cover myself with dirt and pretend I'm a carrot

I'm not sure what relevance it has on this thread either, but thought I'd share anyway :)

????

Thought people were 'antisemetic' no matter what despite apologies??

It's okay to pick and choose, huh...?

The difference is Fury has admitted what he’s said was wrong and apologised.

He said one thing and later said he got it wrong.

You lot haven’t and continue with your “anti Zionist” nonsense, which is Antisemitism dressed up.

FYI - Fury said Zionists have control over society - where have we heard that?

But your criticising him for anti-Semitism then describing his Christianity as nonsense.
Seems a tad hypocritical.

No I am not.

I’ve just said he’s dropped nonsense aspects of his devout Christianity, in that he previously had some fundamentalist aspects to his faith and he no longer seemingly does.

Calling Christianity nonsense is akin to calling Judaism nonsense, which isn’t antisemitic.

Antisemitism is attacking Jewish people, not the religion, which is nonsense, as all religion is.

Think people are being a bit naive if they believe his apology for his remarks were not down to being advised by his management.
He won’t be changing what he thinks when he’s in certain circles. It’s who he is.
You just have to decide wherever you can separate the boxer and the person when it comes to supporting him.

An excuse for sad chavs to attach themselves to glory, get pissed up and have a fight? I can see no problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.