Tyson Fury Homecoming

Think people are being a bit naive if they believe his apology for his remarks were not down to being advised by his management.
He won’t be changing what he thinks when he’s in certain circles. It’s who he is.
You just have to decide wherever you can separate the boxer and the person when it comes to supporting him.

this, I suspect if it was Liverpool or Man U player winning the World Cup for England and had stated those views which he apologised for then he would never be forgiven by some.

personally , in sport, you should support a players sporting achievements and let the law take care of their personal views or actions, hard to do if their views have personally offended mind.

Think people are being a bit naive if they believe his apology for his remarks were not down to being advised by his management.
He won’t be changing what he thinks when he’s in certain circles. It’s who he is.
You just have to decide wherever you can separate the boxer and the person when it comes to supporting him.
We don't really know that though, do we? He seems like since he's had his mental health issues, he has had a change in mindset. Whether any of it is genuine or not, only him and those close to him know. But people can change and he certainly *seems* to have. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, if he's apologised then that's all you can ask of someone IMO.

We don't really know that though, do we? He seems like since he's had his mental health issues, he has had a change in mindset. Whether any of it is genuine or not, only him and those close to him know. But people can change and he certainly *seems* to have. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, if he's apologised then that's all you can ask of someone IMO.
We don’t know for sure of course but I’ve had reason to deal with their community on several occasions and his thoughts tend to be mirrored by the majority. There can be exceptions but my experience doesn’t lean towards that being true.
Apologies are all well and good if given for the right reasons.
Hell of a boxer though.

He could’ve made millions of fighting stiffs but after 3 years out and his life spiralling out of control he’s come back and already TWICE fought the most feared puncher in the division, the undefeated champion,
For 2/3 years AJ hasn’t managed to get a deal done for one fight
He steps inside a boxing ring with no fear and as big a heart as you will see, when fighters get put down as heavily as he did in the first fight it’s very common for boxers to go gun shy, he just marched in and stood right there again in the rematch, he’s made of the right stuff

if we can have Sir Alex, Sir Bradley and Sir Jimmy, we can give a local lad a nice welcome home for becoming heavyweight champion of the world
He’s done enough good to deserve one

We don’t know for sure of course but I’ve had reason to deal with their community on several occasions and his thoughts tend to be mirrored by the majority. There can be exceptions but my experience doesn’t lean towards that being true.
Apologies are all well and good if given for the right reasons.
Hell of a boxer though.
I understand your sentiment, but this would come across quite bad if you said the same thing against, for instance the Asian community. People can change.

I understand your sentiment, but this would come across quite bad if you said the same thing against, for instance the Asian community. People can change.
Can only speak as I’ve found in the past mate. Would be great if he was genuinely regretful of his views.

A home coming in Morecambe where he actually lives would make sense and be a big boost to the local economy. Anyone in Manchester that wants to greet him only need drive an hour for the pleasure. He's done well but his illness / vulnerability to throw away remarks remains .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.