Tyson Fury Homecoming

He could’ve made millions of fighting stiffs but after 3 years out and his life spiralling out of control he’s come back and already TWICE fought the most feared puncher in the division, the undefeated champion,
For 2/3 years AJ hasn’t managed to get a deal done for one fight
He steps inside a boxing ring with no fear and as big a heart as you will see, when fighters get put down as heavily as he did in the first fight it’s very common for boxers to go gun shy, he just marched in and stood right there again in the rematch, he’s made of the right stuff

if we can have Sir Alex, Sir Bradley and Sir Jimmy, we can give a local lad a nice welcome home for becoming heavyweight champion of the world
He’s done enough good to deserve one

He's a decent boxer but is he really a Manc legend? Do we do parades for Boxers? Would enough people turn out - would we want them to?

Its a no from me.

He's a decent boxer but is he really a Manc legend? Do we do parades for Boxers? Would enough people turn out - would we want them to?

Its a no from me.

i know I certainly won’t be going but feel the younger generation would love it, I think London did a parade for Lewis when he became undisputed champ
Even though I couldn’t give a shit if he did or not I think if he and some people want to I can’t see a problem

Think people are being a bit naive if they believe his apology for his remarks were not down to being advised by his management.
He won’t be changing what he thinks when he’s in certain circles. It’s who he is.
You just have to decide wherever you can separate the boxer and the person when it comes to supporting him.

ermmm right.

I like Fury. We all make mistakes and you can only take him at his word in regards to his apology. He deserves great credit for his achivement.

Saying that I think a homecoming is a step too far. I may be wrong but I don't remember Ricky Hatton getting lavished in such a way. Hatton did far more for not just Manchester boxing but also UK boxing.
I also reckon Hattons victory over Kostya Tsyzu was more impressive than Furys at the weekend. Tsyzu was a far, far better boxer than Wilder is.
Now Fury will go on and beat Joshua. If he does, then you can't argue with his achievements. Undefeated and undisputed world heavyweight champion would be unreal. At the minute though, I think things like homecomings and knighthoods are a bit premature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.