UAP/UFO thread - Non-Human Intelligences

Majority of people don't take much notice of this stuff because they've seen it all before!

The only way the world will take REAL notice is if a massive ufo hovered over one of the major countries..

giphy.gif

It's an interesting conundrum isn't it?

If we accept that the universe is so huge that there must be intelligent life out there, then we must assume some is far more advanced than humanity. In which case, if inter-stellar space travel is possible then how come there is no evidence?

I suppose, we could be so uninteresting that it isn't worth the effort. It's pretty arrogant to assume we are anything other than insignificant tbh.

Or maybe it's because advanced species are careful about introducing themselves to underdeveloped species. I am not sure I buy that. We don't have a great history of more sophisticated civilisations being anything other than barbaric when dealing with the less developed, so I am not sure I would assume more advanced species will be anything other than complete cunts as well. Same rationale for time travel, btw. If it was possible, grandfather paradox or not, then some fucker would have screwed everything up by now.

More likely, is that inter-stellar travel isn't possible. Either Einstein's theories hold up for ever and nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. I am not sure I buy that either. Why should I? All theories are fine until someone finds some way to contradict them. Or talk of wormholes and bending space time is just theoretical discussion but practically impossible. I suppose if travel was that easy then aliens would be coming here for their holidays. Not sure I buy that either.

So, as I said, it's a conundrum.

Interestingly, i think it was Richard Dawkins who suggested the opposite...if we consider the sheer size of the universe, our position in it, how long the universe has existed, how long earth has existed, how long "intelligent life" has existed on earth...along with the billions and billions of processes, interactions and complete fluke that created life....then the chances of other intelligent life being out there are incredibly, incredibly small.....especially to think of them existing at this exact same moment.

The fact is as it stands with all the technology we have all the searching, even all the amatuers, scanning the space with some very sophisticated equipment in some cases, we haven't found a single scrap of evidence a single signal that indicates intelligent life in the known universe.
We can all assume it must be there we can all assume there is more intelligent life,though it could be extinct. Yet as it stands there is no evidence of any and it's just as possible it's just us and we are the most intelligent life in the universe,at least this one.
Whatever, thinking other life has visited from other worlds is as fanciful as the ghost thread and flat earth threads.

:) No-one is really doubting that there is no evidence of extra-terrestrial life, but the absence of evidence isn't proof that something doesn't exist. Let's face it, the chances of picking up proof with the resources we have and the distances involved are negligible. But I think most respectable scientists now accept that extra-terrestrial life is more likely than the alternative. Or am I wrong in that assumption?

The fact is as it stands with all the technology we have all the searching, even all the amatuers, scanning the space with some very sophisticated equipment in some cases, we haven't found a single scrap of evidence a single signal that indicates intelligent life in the known universe.
We can all assume it must be there we can all assume there is more intelligent life,though it could be extinct. Yet as it stands there is no evidence of any and it's just as possible it's just us and we are the most intelligent life in the universe,at least this one.
Whatever, thinking other life has visited from other worlds is as fanciful as the ghost thread and flat earth threads.
We struggle to find intelligent on this planet mate.

Interestingly, i think it was Richard Dawkins who suggested the opposite...if we consider the sheer size of the universe, our position in it, how long the universe has existed, how long earth has existed, how long "intelligent life" has existed on earth...along with the billions and billions of processes, interactions and complete fluke that created life....then the chances of other intelligent life being out there are incredibly, incredibly small.....especially to think of them existing at this exact same moment.

It's all interesting isn't it? What about the possibility that the billions and billions of processes, interactions and complete flukes that created life as we know it, Jim, may be unique, but there are billions and billions of other processes, interactions and complete flukes that may create life in other forms. Seems a little closed-minded to me to suggest the same things have to happen elsewhere in the same way for life to form. I can't imagine we are that special.

I know I'm not :)

This is not my opinion but I remember reading something along the lines that once a civilisation has an industrial revolution of some kind, it is doomed. The theory was that the rush to leap forward forever would result in that civilisation destroying itself. The timescale given was a few hundred years. The way we have developed weapons of destruction that could wipe out mankind almost instantly, people like Putin and countries that have little value in citizens lives it could happen. So who is to say whether somewhere in the universe there has or has not been a civilisation like ours but that it had destroyed itself. In a universe that has been around for billions of years humans have only been on earth for a few thousand years so finding a civilisation at the same or near the same developed stage as us is unlikely. But I do think we take ourselves too seriously thinking we are something special when in the great scheme of things we certainly are not.
Oh well off to the ghosts thread now, not the one with Patrick and Demi though.

:) No-one is really doubting that there is no evidence of extra-terrestrial life, but the absence of evidence isn't proof that something doesn't exist. Let's face it, the chances of picking up proof with the resources we have and the distances involved are negligible. But I think most respectable scientists now accept that extra-terrestrial life is more likely than the alternative. Or am I wrong in that assumption?
They accept extra terrestrial life is likely, not sure they accept intelligent more advance than ourselves extra terrestrial life exists.

According to experts if we compare to the search us humans have conducted to water in the ocean then we have searched a tablespoon full of water. So by comparison there is no fish in the sea because we haven't seen evidence in that spoonful of water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.