UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

UEFA are stupid! they should be openly encouraging clubs to find themselves rich owners to take them forward and get themselves in financial profitability!

Chelsea and City are good, excellent in fact, for the whole game right down the levels! the more money we brandish to a big variety of clubs from the likes of Palace (who themselves have money worries) for the likes of Moses,, to Real (to help them repay their loans) for the likes of van der Vaart the better it is for everyone! there will then be more money floating around everywhere, less debt, more opportunity at all levels and the chance for anyone to become solvent and successful!

If we all have to act as UEFA want us to with their planned implementations then surely it can only be bad for the game! big clubs with big support will always be big clubs due to their massive turn over - even if they're not in debt, in some debt or in so much debt they're never going to be solvent ever again! and small clubs with smaller support and little world wide recognition will always be like that and will never get the opportunity to succeed as they will never be able to buy players!

I can understand that UEFA are worried that too many clubs are spending way above their needs and cannot sustain a good business on the structures that are in place now, but to put limits on City and Chelsea is just stupid! because money will not then filter down to smaller clubs!

In rugby league clubs can only play in SupernLeague if they can prove they are solvent and there is a salary cap in place but clubs can still spend as much money as they want in transfer fees, and that works well so why not just change it to that!?

Football will get so predictable and boring with the same teams winning year-in-year-out, competition for trophies will be with the same clubs, attendances of smaller to middle clubs will decrease as fans know their team will never succeed and when everyone knows who will win at the end of the season football as a worldwide spectator sport will suffer!

In American Sports they do everything to ensure that there is a huge variety of teams who can challenge for success (and over there finishing 4th is a complete failure, finishing 2nd is!) look at the Premier Lg now since City, Villa and Spurs have come along with MILLIONS and have upset the balance and the cartel of the "big 4"! the league is open and there are at least 7or8 teams competing for the top 4 spots!

KenTheLandlord said:
Absolute shite and get off your high horse.
I haven't said anything like that.
I was pointing out that Wigan, having been very vocal about our good fortune, have used the exact same method to artificially get as high as they have done. Whelan has destroyed a sports club with a grand tradition AND been found guilty of price fixing of shirts. Therefore, for me, Wigan are as guilty as anyone of "winning the owners lottery" then moaning the win wasn't big enough.

If it is the "I'm not arsed over City's future on this, as by the time it rolls around, we'll be fine" quote you are on about, i didn't say that. As far as i can see, you did.

The first sentence in the post was addressing you, the rest was a general observation.

UEFA heads need to look at the transfer spenders buying lower division talent since we got new owners. You'll find that they are all clubs that we have bought from, with the exception of Wigan.

Cobwebcat said:
Some great points there guys. Not suprisingly there are still people thinking the top clubs won't like this when you have to realise it's they that asked for it.

The way I think of it is this...draw a line under what is now.

When the rule is applied the club with the highest turnover will be the best off all else being equal. Debt is only an issue if you are at risk as a business.

You can borrow as much as you like as long as you can afford the interest on the debt from your direct football income. So no Real Madrid are not in trouble...they want this...as do all the current top clubs. They aren't threatening a break away because they have things the way they want now. The club which will most benefit are Bayern as they have a huge turnover and (incidentally) no debt.

I'm not saying we won't get around this just that it is a big challenge.

It's difficult to get across to people that this is aimed at us (Platini said as much)

If you want to know who will do well out of this sort this table by "Revenue"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richest_football_clubs

United 2nd

City 21st

So Real Madrid are hardly complaining.

I'm sure we will get round this but I was just trying to point out who this rule benefits.
So if you can afford the INTEREST on the debt your ok?
So we could get a bank to do a special interest free deal for the shiek in return for him finding a couple of billion from down the back of his sofa and him putting it in their bank to make them interest on it. Bit of back slapping if you like.

MMA said:
Cobwebcat said:
Some great points there guys. Not suprisingly there are still people thinking the top clubs won't like this when you have to realise it's they that asked for it.

The way I think of it is this...draw a line under what is now.

When the rule is applied the club with the highest turnover will be the best off all else being equal. Debt is only an issue if you are at risk as a business.

You can borrow as much as you like as long as you can afford the interest on the debt from your direct football income. So no Real Madrid are not in trouble...they want this...as do all the current top clubs. They aren't threatening a break away because they have things the way they want now. The club which will most benefit are Bayern as they have a huge turnover and (incidentally) no debt.

I'm not saying we won't get around this just that it is a big challenge.

It's difficult to get across to people that this is aimed at us (Platini said as much)

If you want to know who will do well out of this sort this table by "Revenue"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richest_football_clubs

United 2nd

City 21st

So Real Madrid are hardly complaining.

I'm sure we will get round this but I was just trying to point out who this rule benefits.
So if you can afford the INTEREST on the debt your ok?
So we could get a bank to do a special interest free deal for the shiek in return for him finding a couple of billion from down the back of his sofa and him putting it in their bank to make them interest on it. Bit of back slapping if you like.

Can't we just get new sponsors? Sponsorship is a large proportion of turnover, say one of Sheikh's companies does a deal with Coca-Cola for something in Abu Dhabi, he slips them £80m, they give us £70m, they make £10m, we have money, easy?

Also won't this just lead to English CL clubs pressing for independent TV deals to compete with Madrid? That would be a problem.

ive not read the full thread but i think i get the gist of it.im not very good financially also but if uefa want clubs to get their houses in order and run like a sustainable business then does this mean in a footballing term only?or can manchester city football club,not sheikh mansour purchase a profitable oil field owned solely by mcfc thus pushing profit and turnover through the roof?please bare in mind im thick and may have missed the mark by a country mile.if i have then i will get my coat.

UEFA'S plan is fundamentally flawed, in that currently, the majority of "glamour" clubs will have some sort of financial liabilities. This would bring those affected by the rules together and press on with plans for a breakaway european super league (which i am totally against). That would leave UEFA affiliated clubs left to scrap it out for the Champions league.
As these remaining clubs will be operating on tight budgets, they will hardly be in a position to attract the top names (Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo etc etc) so UEFA's revenues from sponsorship will decline as they will be left with a largely unattractive package to promote against the rival, harlem globe trotters esque, european super league. Exactly where City will fit in to all this remains to be seen, but i'm sure some reative acounting would get round the problem ie our sheikh gets one of his "mates" to arrange an end of season exhibition match against the AbU Dhabi girls school under 14's team in a winner takes all prize pot of £250 m.
One of them each season should boost our turnover !!!

This started when Bayern munich didnt win the title a couple of years back, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge chairman of Bayern mun1ch is involved with fifa and top pals with twatini. It's so they will be more or less guaranteed to win the league every year.

Bent as fuck.

If they bring it in and the Champions of the prem league aren't allowed to play in it because they have no debt but a team not winning their own domestic league who may have a large debt but greater turnover is, in my view the competition loses everything it claims to be. If they want a level playing field then all prize money in all competitions should be shared equally with all participants then I might go along with it, but while UEFA simply chuck money at the big 16 in Europe and then claim they want parity it hypocritical to say the least.

the simplest thing for city to do is open a club shop somewhere in the middle east,say abu dhabi for instance,and with there savvy marketing and advertising i'm sure this shop would have a turnover of say.......£70 million pounds a year,see it's not that difficult to get around.

Who me? Stupid?

platini.1260957060.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.