UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

strongbowholic said:
Don't understand it all to be honest and have not read all the responses because I'm in a meeting at work (!)

Anyway, would this not be challengeable in the EU Courts due to restriction of business practices/trade or some such other rule?

Surely they cannot dictate stuff like this as we are clearly solvent and can afford what we want, when we want.

I thought that. Apparently it is legal. Some company lawyer guy was on here a while ago and said that it was legal. We don't have to follow the rule but it means we cant play in Europe.

A top team of lawyers and accountants will be looking at this to enusre that we are able to conitnue with our objectives imo. Frankly, we are not the type of business (nor are Chelsea) that they should be worrying about. We can manage our spend, it's the Portsmouths of this world that they need to worry about and the Uniteds.

Weston Blue said:
A top team of lawyers and accountants will be looking at this to enusre that we are able to conitnue with our objectives imo. Frankly, we are not the type of business (nor are Chelsea) that they should be worrying about. We can manage our spend, it's the Portsmouths of this world that they need to worry about and the Uniteds.

Don't think for one minute this has been set up to protect smaller clubs from over-spending, that's just the party line to make it look like they aren't victimising clubs with money. This has been devised to stop clubs like ours from getting big, and specifically us at the moment!

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Weston Blue said:

Don't think for one minute this has been set up to protect smaller clubs from over-spending, that's just the party line to make it look like they aren't victimising clubs with money. This has been devised to stop clubs like ours from getting big, and specifically us at the moment!

and that's the truth. UEFA is using the perilous state of football's finances to get this rule through with public support to keep the status quo. But it's got nothing to do with debt. Shifty eh?

All we need to do is increase turnover by £40 million-which even without champions league revenue is gettable to Cooky and his boys

I dont really think weve got anything to worry about

flb said:
All we need to do is increase turnover by £40 million-which even without champions league revenue is gettable to Cooky and his boys

We would still have half the turnover of say Real Madrid and Utd so would still be at a huge disadvantage. United might not be able to afford to buy massively but we will be banned from it.

Can't see it ever happening, it's just trying to scaremonger certain teams to try and keep the status quo.
It would be a bit like cutting of your nose to spite your face.
The investment by very wealthy people in some clubs often spreads to
other less wealthy clubs by the purchase of players and sometimes bigger gate receipts.
For example: City buy Torres or Rooney or Villa, which would,I'm sure, help to pay off the massive debts those clubs
are in possession of.
That would be the main reason I don't think it will happen.

NiceN Sleazy said:
Can't see it ever happening, it's just trying to scaremonger certain teams to try and keep the status quo.
It would be a bit like cutting of your nose to spite your face.
The investment by very wealthy people in some clubs often spreads to
other less wealthy clubs by the purchase of players and sometimes bigger gate receipts.
For example: City buy Torres or Rooney or Villa, which would,I'm sure help to pay off the massive debts those clubs
are in possession of.
That would be the main reason I don't think it will happen.

Good point, Scudamore said the same. Unfortunately UEFA seem to have missed that and are going ahead anyway. The top clubs pretty much control UEFA it seems.

Cobwebcat said:
flb said:

We would still have half the turnover of say Real Madrid and Utd so would still be at a huge disadvantage. United might not be able to afford to buy massively but we will be banned from it.

If we got rid of a few numpties who call themselves footballers at City the wage bill would come down hugeley

Robinho £160000 a week £8.3 million per annum
Jo £50000 * £2.5 * * *

these 2 alone would save us £10 million a year

How many other numpties could we get shot of?

If this does go through wouldn't it undermine the European competitions in general? By barring teams then they'll be losing out on getting the best in Europe.

So if a team wins the PL but the spending is not inline with their turnover then they would be barred. The CL spot would then go to the next best place team, and continue down the league until it reaches a team that is spending within its limits. This would mean the likes of Bolton and Fulham would be playing CL football... hmmmm...can just see their little competitions becoming meaningless very quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.